As a registered nurse, you may feel as though you have many options for jobs, especially as the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the nursing field to continue to rapidly grow. However, hiring managers at many practices, clinics, and hospitals are looking for the right candidates to fill open positions. As such, you must have a resume that accurately demonstrates you not only fulfill the basic criteria but also provide additional value to the practice.
Start the process by reviewing our registered nurse resume templates. You will receive inspiration that will help you to craft a stellar document that increases the chances of an interview.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Registered Nurse Experience
Hiring managers look through many resumes, and most candidates have similar qualifications and experience. Thus, how you detail your experience matters more than what you include. Attract the attention of hiring managers by using strong action words. Additionally, match the language of the job posting to demonstrate your fit with the company culture. If you struggle to know what to include, then review our registered nurse resume templates for inspiration. Here are a few examples to get you started:
• Assess and record patients' vital signs, medical history, and other details, and update the medical charts with the information
• Coordinate with members of the care team to plan, implement, and adjust patient protocols
• Supervise nurse aides and medical assistants and train new nursing staff
• Perform certain tasks, including managing medication, providing immunizations, and enacting first aid
• Order and evaluate diagnostic tests and communicate findings with the physician and other members of the medical team
Registered Nurse Resume Tips
Reading through registered nurse resume templates provides a beneficial foundation for inspiration for how to describe your skills and qualifications. Looking at resume writing guides further informs what to include. To take your resume to the next level, make sure to focus on these three best practices:
1. Personalize Your Registered Nurse Resume: You need to tailor your resume not only to accurately describe your unique skills and qualifications but also to reflect the criteria for the particular job. Read through the job posting and add some of the keywords and phrases that match your own talents.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Attract the attention of hiring managers right away with a powerful summary statement. Detail your top attributes that demonstrate your perfect fit for the role.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Do not just describe generic tasks that you performed as a registered nurse in your previous roles. Share success stories and accomplishments that demonstrate your proficiency with the required tasks.
Registered Nurse Resume Templates
Start the process of writing your resume by looking at the registered nurse resume templates our users have uploaded. Incorporate key aspects to your resume. If you want to have section-by-section assistance for crafting your document, then use the resume builder provided by our partners at My Perfect Resume.
- Registered Nurse Example 1
xsha xngton Objective My objective is to join your Nursing team in either Maternal/Child or MedSurg, to become a well rounded nurse. Education and Training ADN, Nursing Kilgore College, 2016, Kilgore, TX (US) Personal information l grad... more 2
- Registered Nurse Example 2
Staff Nurse (1/2/2013 – 15/3/2014) Om Hospital and ICU, Anand, Gujarat, India Provided firs-aid prehospital treatment to injured people Performed occupational therapy programs at the hospital to rehabilitate psychological or physi... more 3
- Registered Nurse Example 3
drea johnson x. Education and TrainingWingfield High School, 2014 Jackson, Mississippi (MS) Registerd Nurse, Bachelor’s science ... more 4
- Registered Nurse Example 4
Amy Moran Education and TrainingLos Angeles Pierce College – 2013 Glendale, California Nursing, Ass Associates in Registered NursingCertifications Basic Life Support Advanced Cardiac Life Support NIHS Basic EKG Licenses Register... more 5
- Registered Nurse Example 5
Registered Nurse – ( May 2007 – Present) North Shore LIJ Health System, Manhasset, New York (USA) Assess patients for signs and symptoms of pregnancy complications Provide prenatal education along the pregnancy continuum ... more 6
- Registered Nurse Example 6
UT Medical Center, Knoxville, TN 11/2013 – present : Cardiac Cath Lab- Nurse Specialist My job encompasses sedation and monitoring of patient whilst in cardiac cath lab. I administer conscious sedation and ensure patients stability... more 7
- Registered Nurse Example 7
Mission Home Health, San Diego, CA 5/2011 – 09/052012 : Clinical Manager Mission Home Health, San Diego, CA 09/24/2009 – 05/1/2011 : Director of Patient Care Services CareSouth, El Cajon, CA 08/2008 – 09/2009 : Clinic... more 8
- Registered Nurse Example 8
INTERN STUDENT – ( JAN 2012 – JUNE 2012) GOVT HOSPITAL, JODHPUR, RAJ Kept up to date case histories of patients. Provided firs-aid prehospital treatment to injured people Took blood and urine samples for analysis.STAFF... more 9
- Registered Nurse Example 9
Registered Nurse – ( October 2013 – Present) Johnson County Hospital, Tecumseh, NE Promoting patients’ health restoration and maintenance by utilizing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisci... more 10
- Registered Nurse Example 10
Charge Nurse (4/24/2012 – Present)John Knox Village, Lees Summit , Mo Kept up to date case histories of patients. Took blood and urine samples for analysis. Advised and informed patients about drug interactions, secondary effec... more