It takes a skilled nurse to be able to tend to patient care and serve as a role model for those newer to the field at the same time. When you use our supervisor and unit manager resume templates, you can create a document that shows how well you harness what your experience has taught you and proves that you can pull off that delicate balancing act.
The top-notch advice offered by our real-world contributors helps you improve your resume before you submit it. Our resume builder leads you through every step of the process of writing your document.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Supervisor and Unit Manager Experience
In order to lead, you must have experience with the positions you are leading. That is why our supervisor and unit manager resume templates focus so much on registered nurse skills. When you match your strengths to the job description, you communicate to prospective employers that you have what it takes to lead their team. Use action words to convey the skills you can pass on to others:
• Coordinate patient care, ensuring that each patient receives the medications and treatments he or she requires at the appropriate times
• Show respect to patients by protecting their privacy and consent rights as well as the rights of their families
• Provide emotional care and support to patients and their families while under the hospital or clinic's care
• Act as a mentor to new nurses and personnel, sharing expertise to strengthen the team
• Engage in public education initiatives to promote health and wellness in schools and the community at large.
Supervisor and Unit Manager Resume Tips
By following the excellent resume examples set forth in the supervisor and unit manager resume templates, you can create a document that catches the eye of recruiters looking for fresh leadership. The tips below can help you tighten up the different sections of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Supervisor and Unit Manager Resume: Each job description provides hints of the key phrases employers are looking for when they peruse resumes. Match your resume to the description by using the same keywords throughout the document.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary is the first impression you make on potential employers, so make sure it encapsulates your best skills. If you had 30 seconds to impress someone, what would you say? Your summary statement should read accordingly.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experience: Hiring managers don't want to read the same task lists over and over again when looking through applicants' experience sections. Mention specific accomplishments to stand out in a sea of resumes.
Supervisor and Unit Manager Resume Templates
Click through our library of supervisor and unit manager resume templates. Tips from real-world professionals make it easier to craft a document of which you can be proud.
Our partners at My Perfect Resume offer a resume builder. This tool helps you create an outstanding resume efficiently.
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 11
– 6.5 yearsRegistered Nurse, Emergency Room – 8 Months yearsExperience Registered Nurse (January 2007 – October 2011)Baptist Health, Little Rock, Arkansas Analyzed patients’ mental abilities and examined... more 12
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 12
RN Supervisor and Unit Manager – Select Specialty Hospital (April 2011/Current) Muskegon, Michigan (USA) Oversee RN and ancillary staff of a 31 bed facility specializing in the chronic critically ill. Coordinates care with nursing... more 13
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 13
Iroquois Memorial Home Health, Watseka, IL (USA) Clinical Supervisor/Team Leader, 06/14 – current I manage day to day patient care in patients home. I schedule for patient care along with all staff that includes, nursing, PT, OT, ... more 14
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 14
Meetika Rani Objective To look for a challenging work, which would provide me a good platform and opportunity to utilize my skills most efficiently and expand my professional horizons and grow along with your organization to serve community. Pers... more 15
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 15
Assistant Nurse Manager (September 2013 – Present) Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY Responsible in Managing and Leading staff for a 25 bed Cardiology Telemetry Step-Down Unit. Instrumental in Reforming and Reconfiguring ... more 16
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 16
Director of Nursing, August 2010 – currently employed Missouri Veterans Home, St. Louis, Missouri, USA Responsible for planning, coordinating, and management of the overall operations of the Nursing Department. Responsible for the ... more 17
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 17
Clinical Care Co-ordinator – ( 04/2014 – current) MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston , Texas (USA) enter job descriptionOutpatient Clinical Nurse – ( 10/2010 – 04/2014) MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, ... more 18
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 18
Shift Supervisor – ( October 2012 – December 2014//Present) Aurora Senior Living//Autumn Lake of New Britain, New Britain, CT 06053 Monitor and modify staffing to meet demand of daily activity. Direct and assist the admiss... more 19
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 19
Student – ( 2016 – Any) Any, Indian?!polis , Any (U.S) I am melissa vanegas. my goal is to be a nurse, and get away and save live. ..and I have 15 years I am studying. I am from El Salvador.Certifications I want to be... more 20
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 20
Nurse Manager, 2020 – 2025 Hamilton General Hospital, San Jose, California Kept up to date case histories of patients. Provided firs-aid prehospital treatment to injured people Took blood and urine samples for analysis. Analyzed pa... more