It takes a skilled nurse to be able to tend to patient care and serve as a role model for those newer to the field at the same time. When you use our supervisor and unit manager resume templates, you can create a document that shows how well you harness what your experience has taught you and proves that you can pull off that delicate balancing act.
The top-notch advice offered by our real-world contributors helps you improve your resume before you submit it. Our resume builder leads you through every step of the process of writing your document.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Supervisor and Unit Manager Experience
In order to lead, you must have experience with the positions you are leading. That is why our supervisor and unit manager resume templates focus so much on registered nurse skills. When you match your strengths to the job description, you communicate to prospective employers that you have what it takes to lead their team. Use action words to convey the skills you can pass on to others:
• Coordinate patient care, ensuring that each patient receives the medications and treatments he or she requires at the appropriate times
• Show respect to patients by protecting their privacy and consent rights as well as the rights of their families
• Provide emotional care and support to patients and their families while under the hospital or clinic's care
• Act as a mentor to new nurses and personnel, sharing expertise to strengthen the team
• Engage in public education initiatives to promote health and wellness in schools and the community at large.
Supervisor and Unit Manager Resume Tips
By following the excellent resume examples set forth in the supervisor and unit manager resume templates, you can create a document that catches the eye of recruiters looking for fresh leadership. The tips below can help you tighten up the different sections of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Supervisor and Unit Manager Resume: Each job description provides hints of the key phrases employers are looking for when they peruse resumes. Match your resume to the description by using the same keywords throughout the document.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary is the first impression you make on potential employers, so make sure it encapsulates your best skills. If you had 30 seconds to impress someone, what would you say? Your summary statement should read accordingly.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experience: Hiring managers don't want to read the same task lists over and over again when looking through applicants' experience sections. Mention specific accomplishments to stand out in a sea of resumes.
Supervisor and Unit Manager Resume Templates
Click through our library of supervisor and unit manager resume templates. Tips from real-world professionals make it easier to craft a document of which you can be proud.
Our partners at My Perfect Resume offer a resume builder. This tool helps you create an outstanding resume efficiently.
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 21
Infection control link nurse – ( 2012 – Current) Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Attend infection control nurse meetings quarterly. Audit infection control measures annually. Resource person on duty. Trainer of i... more 22
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 22
Access RN (October 2008 – Present) Providence Home Health, Portland, Oregon, United States Work as a referral/resource RN setting up new referrals and prioritizing those referrals that need a sooner start of care date than availab... more 23
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 23
Nurse Educator – ( 30.3.2010 – current) The Townsville Hospital, Townsville, Qld. (Australia) Provided patients with information about surgical risks.Clinical Nurse – ( November 2009 – March 2010) Flinders M... more 24
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 24
Nancy Allen EducationWayne Finger Lakes BOCES – 2000 Newark, NY, USA Nursing, Certification Technical School for Licensed Practical NurseFinger Lakes Community College – 2002 Canandaigua, NY, USA Nursing, Associates in Sci... more 25
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 25
RN Bariatric Program Coordinator, February 2012 – Current Martin Health System, Stuart, FL, US Responsible for all aspects of Bariatric Surgery Program including: Teaching Bariatric Information Sessions twice monthly to general pub... more 26
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 26
Registered Nurse ManagerHematology and Oncology – ( July, 2010 – Current) Arizona Center for Cancer Care, Tempe, Arizona (USA) Supervise overall operations of clinical aspects of 3 offices. Coordinate patient care for c... more 27
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 27
Nursing Supervisor (November 2009 – Ongoing)HealthSouth East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital, Mesa, Arizona, United States The Nurse Manager is responsible for coordinating administrative and clinical activities, so that optimum ... more 28
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 28
Charge Nurse, 2003 – 2014 Hendricks Nursing Center, Abilene, Texas, USA Charged P7 unit of nurses and deligated assignments. Monitored and reported achieved and non achieved treatment goals to physician. Advised and informed patien... more 29
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 29
Hospital Supervisor (6/2011 – Present)Aspirus Wausau Hospital, Wausau, WI Manages hospital operations in the absence of administration. Accountable for the management of human resources, timely patient placement and assisting in... more 30
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 30
Nursing Assistant, 1996 – 1997 ECM Hospital, Florence, Alabama Responsible for up to 20 patients per day. Duties were to assess vital signs and report to RN, feed, bathe, ambulate, turn and reposition patients, and provide emotion... more