It takes a skilled nurse to be able to tend to patient care and serve as a role model for those newer to the field at the same time. When you use our supervisor and unit manager resume templates, you can create a document that shows how well you harness what your experience has taught you and proves that you can pull off that delicate balancing act.
The top-notch advice offered by our real-world contributors helps you improve your resume before you submit it. Our resume builder leads you through every step of the process of writing your document.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Supervisor and Unit Manager Experience
In order to lead, you must have experience with the positions you are leading. That is why our supervisor and unit manager resume templates focus so much on registered nurse skills. When you match your strengths to the job description, you communicate to prospective employers that you have what it takes to lead their team. Use action words to convey the skills you can pass on to others:
• Coordinate patient care, ensuring that each patient receives the medications and treatments he or she requires at the appropriate times
• Show respect to patients by protecting their privacy and consent rights as well as the rights of their families
• Provide emotional care and support to patients and their families while under the hospital or clinic's care
• Act as a mentor to new nurses and personnel, sharing expertise to strengthen the team
• Engage in public education initiatives to promote health and wellness in schools and the community at large.
Supervisor and Unit Manager Resume Tips
By following the excellent resume examples set forth in the supervisor and unit manager resume templates, you can create a document that catches the eye of recruiters looking for fresh leadership. The tips below can help you tighten up the different sections of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Supervisor and Unit Manager Resume: Each job description provides hints of the key phrases employers are looking for when they peruse resumes. Match your resume to the description by using the same keywords throughout the document.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary is the first impression you make on potential employers, so make sure it encapsulates your best skills. If you had 30 seconds to impress someone, what would you say? Your summary statement should read accordingly.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experience: Hiring managers don't want to read the same task lists over and over again when looking through applicants' experience sections. Mention specific accomplishments to stand out in a sea of resumes.
Supervisor and Unit Manager Resume Templates
Click through our library of supervisor and unit manager resume templates. Tips from real-world professionals make it easier to craft a document of which you can be proud.
Our partners at My Perfect Resume offer a resume builder. This tool helps you create an outstanding resume efficiently.
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 31
Nurse Supervisor (May 2009 – Present)University of New Mexico Hospitals, Albuquerque, NM, USA -Supervised nursing care of pediatric patients on 20 bed inpatient nursing unit. -Collaborated patient flow and throughput with physic... more 32
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 32
Practice Manager Invasive Cardiology, 6/15/2000 – Present Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA Manage daily operations for nursing and technical staff Create job descriptions, hire and evaluate all staff ... more 33
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 33
Community Support Staff (12/17/12 – 7/8/14)Community Options inc., Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States Meeting the needs of people to improve individual lives and help the community as a hole. A key aspect of the job is to as... more 34
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 34
MCSA, El dorado, AR (USA) CVICU Night Charge Nurse, June 2008 – April 2013 Managed daily operations (staffing, stocking, quality controls, inventory, ect) Dealt with patients/families and supported and worked with the management t... more 35
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 35
Kyle Carlos Education and TrainingCanyon High School – May 2013 New Braunfels, Texas , High School DiplomaMilitary experienceCivil Affairs Combat Medic – ( July 2013 – April 2016) Army, Fort Bragg, NC Operated... more 36
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 36
Shannon M. Brown Mrs. Education and TrainingEast Tennessee State University – 2008 Johnson City, TN, USA Nursing, Bachelor of Science Bachelor of ScienceWalters State Community College – 2004 Morristown, TN, USA Nursing, A... more 37
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 37
Director of Nursing – ( 2000 – present) Priority RN Nursing Services, Carlsbad, CA CEO/Fournder/Director of Nursing for start up nursing registry. Developed all policies and procedures. In charge of day to day operations... more 38
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 38
Director, Inpatient Nursing (2008 – current)St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital, Anderson, IN, USA DirectorCertifications BLS, ACLS Licenses Registered Nurse Education and Training Anderson University, 2012, Anderson ... more 39
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 39
Community Mental Health Nurse, Registered Psychiatric Nurse (Oct. 2004 – Current)Saskatoon Health Region, Rural office, Humboldt, SK, Canada Kept up to date case histories of patients. Analyzed patients’ mental abilities a... more 40
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 40
Permanent ED charge nurse, April 2012 – Present Bronson Battle Crteek, Battle Creek , Michigan, USA Functioned as shift leader and clinical liaison with staff, physicians and management, providing continuity of leadership day to da... more