Dancers and choreographers use movement to weave tales and make the world a more beautiful place, and a great resume can open doors for you to embrace your calling to this industry. Each dancer and choreographer resume template offers a glimpse of the skills you need to impress entertainment managers.
You can use the following tips and tools to construct a remarkable submission that helps you spring into your next position. Learn how to make the document you create represent your absolute best professional self.
Free Performing Arts Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional performing arts resumes.
How To Mention Your Dancer and Choreographer Experience
Tell a story without saying a word. Dancers and choreographers bridge the gap between music and narrative, binding these elements together with planned, rehearsed steps. The way you outline your experience in the document you present to prospective employers can have a great impact on their decision to hire you. Whether your genre is ballroom dance, ballet, or hip hop, the dancer and choreographer resume templates show how action words, mirroring the job ad’s language, and your experience boost your chances of receiving a interview request:
• Research show ideas and coordinate with entertainment managers to bring ideas to fruition
• Craft specific choreographies and cast dancers who will perform them best
• Organize rehearsal times and agendas
• Take direction from choreographer to perform as an integral part of the dance company
• Coordinate show vision with lighting and sound technicians
Dancer and Choreographer Resume Tips
If you study resume examples, you can learn important strategies for getting information across in an efficient but interesting way. The dancer and choreographer resume templates also show examples of how you can utilize the following tips:
1. Personalize Your Dancer and Choreographer Resume: Each job posting hints at the keywords that employers are looking for when they skim resumes. Insert as many of these keywords naturally into your document to increase your chances of standing out.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your professional summary should capture the essence of who you are as a dancer and choreographer. Entertainment managers look for summaries that pinpoint the drive and skills they need on their team.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The competitive world of dance can be challenging for those who are just starting out, but once you have some experience under your belt, you can harness the specific details of that experience to propel your career forward. List specific work experience to show your talents.
Dancer and Choreographer Resume Templates
View our library of real-world dancer and choreographer resume templates. Let them inspire you and help you take the next step in your career.
The resume builder at My Perfect Resume can also help you shape a document that illustrates your best skills. This step-by-step tool guides you to create a winning submission.
- Dancer And Choreographer Example 1
Dancer – ( August 2012 – June 2013) Transcendance II, Newton, Pennsylvania (USA) I was a senior dancer in a company created by a family friend. We competed at several conventions and received multiple first place awards, an... more 2
- Dancer And Choreographer Example 2
Uneployed (2000 – 2002)5 buck Pizza, Vernal, Utah, USA I worked a little at my aunts pizza place but was not paid for my servicesReferences Teresa Anderson Owner of Charisma Studio Springville, Utah home: 801-489-8512, Cell:... more 3
- Dancer And Choreographer Example 3
Dancer (December 2007 – May 2011) Hispania Dance Academy, Worcester, MA, United States Performed in shows around the east coast including Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania. Headlined two shows at the Hanover Theater in Worcest... more 4
- Dancer And Choreographer Example 4
Assistant Dance Instructor – Gotta Dance Plano (August 2008/June 2016) Plano, TX (USA) Warmed up at the barre. Went over any confusing counts or movements. Stretched in the center. Went across the floor. Instructed correct tec... more 5
- Dancer And Choreographer Example 5
Annual Nutcracker Performance – ( 1996 – 2008) Janice Lee’s School of Ballet, San Diego, California (United States) Performed different roles yearly spanning from flowers to soldiers to cultural dolls.... more 6
- Dancer And Choreographer Example 6
Sales Associate – ( July 2013 – Current) Victoria Secrets/ Pink, Gurnee, Illinois (United States) : Maintained and completed leads and sales processes in accordance with the company policy. :Managed daily operations, deal... more 7
- Dancer And Choreographer Example 7
Kiera Banks Work historyRecruiter – ( 04/13 – 09/13) Eworks, Gurnee, Illinois (United States) Recruited customers for Market Research in movies and media Supervised site and helped train new recruitersSales Associate/Stylist &... more 8
- Dancer And Choreographer Example 8
Objective To get a job that advances the needed skills for dancing and choreographer. red wski Education Highschool Diploma, College Prep South Haven High School, 2016, South Haven, MI (United States) Service Work ##TEXT## References ... more 9
- Dancer And Choreographer Example 9
McKenzie Martin Education and Training Northern Arizona University , Flagstaff, AZ Bachelors , Social Work, 2018 Working towards a degree in Social Work and plan on obtaining my degree in May of 2018. Interests Dancing Puzzles Socialising with ... more 10
- Dancer And Choreographer Example 10
xissa co Education and Training The Mary Louis Academy, 2015, Jamaica EstatesNew York New York State Regents, High School Regents Diploma Dance Team member for 4 years, Captain for 2 years. Elected member of Student Government for 4 years... more