When your goal is to land a director or producer position, your resume must show you have everything it takes to succeed, from technical skills to your list of credits. A quality document includes the wide range of relevant experiences and skills that show why you are the candidate the employer wants.
Learning to select and organize your information is key to composing an effective document. You can start by reviewing some important guidelines for good resume composition. You can also browse our selection of professional director and producer resume templates for further inspiration and examples of good writing and formatting.
Free Performing Arts Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional performing arts resumes.
How To Mention Your Director and Producer Experience
Directors and producers work with various types of media, supervising both the organizational and creative aspects of each project. This position calls for a profound knowledge of technical and operational logistics, as well as artistic vision.
Directors and producers must also serve as leaders, motivating their teams and resolving conflicts. Look to our director and producer resume templates for effective phrases and action words to use in describing your experience:
• Manage project budget, track production expenses, and produce detailed accounting of expenditures
• Review and break down script to create shooting schedule, determine locations, and identify necessary props
• Hire and supervise actors, technicians, and crews; make call sheets and coordinate schedules and logistics
• Implement procedures to ensure safety and comply with relevant health and other regulations to meet industry and legal standards
• Produce commercials, informational videos, and documentary features from start to finish
Director and Producer Resume Tips
Our director and producer resume templates offer a range of styles you can use as a model for your own document. Choosing the best format for your own resume can depend on your individual experience. Use our helpful resume tips as well as your own judgment to make your unique qualifications stand out.
1. Personalize Your Director and Producer Resume: Even when you apply for substantially similar jobs, employers often have their own specific priorities. Taking the time to tailor your document to each position can do a lot to promote you as a good fit.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This brief section should grab the reader's interest. Every word in it needs to pack an informative punch, summarizing the top reasons you are an outstanding candidate for the job.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Whether your experience consists of an impressive array of television credits or various marketing or informational projects, be sure to tell prospective employers about your specific achievements.
Director and Producer Resume Templates
We have sourced a wide array of stellar director and producer resume templates. These examples come from real-world professionals working with various media types in different settings.
A high-quality resume builder can offer additional help with the writing process. Our builder provides industry-specific phrasing and other features to help you assemble an effective document.
- Director And Producer Example 1
d in working with lights (cinematography). – 4+ yearsComputers, – Literate in both Windows and OSX operating systems. Fast typer, and well-versed in most essential software. – 8+ yearsVideo Editing, – Mostly ... more 2
- Director And Producer Example 2
Video Recorder For Several Events – ( August 2010 – May 2013) Volunteer Work, Easter Egg Hunt, H.S Plays and Musicals, Gerogia .Feed the Homeless – ( August 2011 – May 2013) Wood Stock Baptist Church, Atla... more 3
- Director And Producer Example 3
sFilm Directing, Director – 11 yearsCinematography, Cinematographer – 5 yearsProducer, Producer – 10 yearsLanguages English – Spanish, FullI’m fluent in English and SpanishPortfolio Featur... more 4
- Director And Producer Example 4
Creative Director – ( 3/21/11 – 8/19/13) Weiden+Kennedy, Portland, Oregon (United States) Collaborated with agents and creative artists. Provided creative guidance to make my client’s work more marketable. Kept and im... more 5
- Director And Producer Example 5
PA (2/3/15 – 6/1/15)The 206(Tv show), Seattle, WA, USA Intern to the Seattle based comedy show, The 206. Provide duties of a Pa. Help set up the set, run errands, escort crowd, provide assistance to all departments.PA (2/9/15... more 6
- Director And Producer Example 6
Benton Central Film Club, Benton Central High School, Oxford, IN 2013 – 2014 : Founder/President Organized events with showing films in collaboration with other clubs, taught lectures on filmmaking, organized short film projects. S... more 7
- Director And Producer Example 7
Judah Huffman Objective As a worker I strive to bring dedication, honesty, and technical skill to the table while promoting positive moral values and analyzing systematic patterns of others to create good relations. Education and Training Belle... more 8
- Director And Producer Example 8
Cashier (9/2013 – 1/2014) Bj’s Wholesale club, Deftford, New Jersey, United states -Balanced and reconciled cash register. – Maintained inventory and stocked all merchandise delivered on a daily basis. – Answe... more 9
- Director And Producer Example 9
Jacob Lamson Objective To obtain permission to direct this excellent screenplay, Bob Saget: The Sequel. Education and TrainingTish School of the Arts at NYU – 2016 New York, New York, USA Film, Graduate I completed the Graduate Film ... more 10
- Director And Producer Example 10
Admission Counselor (September 2014 – Current) Valley City State University, Valley City , North Dakota, United States I coordinate and arrange campus visits, advise Viking Ambassadors, visit with prospective students, travel to c... more