Many ambitious and competent jobseekers are looking to enter the biology field. To get a position in the research specialty that interests you most, you probably need to present a resume to a manager. Taking the time to craft a compelling document and sharpen your writing skills can increase your chances of getting an interview offer.
Our biological scientist resume templates are an effective way to create a resume in minutes. Simply fill in your information step-by-step to complete each section of the document – summary statement, skills, work history, and education. You can also access writing tips straight from the experts to sharpen your content.
Free Science Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional science resumes.
How To Mention your Biological Scientist Experience
Most managers spend between five and seven seconds looking at a resume before deciding if the candidate merits a callback. Thus, your credentials need to jump off the page to make a strong impression. Strive to make your sentences concise and clear. Avoid repetition, but be as specific as possible. Begin each sentence with an action verb and use several keywords from the job description. For example, a biological scientist working in a hospital might include the following in his or her document:
• Plan research experiments on living organisms, such as mice, to understand human functioning
• Compile and analyze data for presentations and publications
• Collaborate with senior scientists on projects, and train lab technicians and students
• Organize the lab and re-stock supplies if necessary
• Write grants for government and educational funding
Familiarizing yourself with writing guidelines is the best approach for success. Our biological scientist resume templates can help you rise above the other applicants.
Biological Scientist Resume Tips
A biological scientist resume has to look conservative and not too cluttered. Biological scientist resume templates have pre-formatted spacing and margins to save you time. In addition, following these tips can assist you in customizing your document to make it desirable to managers:
1. Personalize Your Biological Scientist Resume: Examine the job description to identify the skills and experiences that are most crucial to a position. Use these keywords word-for-word in your resume along with other abilities that are relevant.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many recruiters often look to the summary statement first. It is usually located near the top of your document and should be between three and five sentences. Think of it as a sales pitch for why you deserve a position.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Managers appreciate metrics and details. Bring attention to your stellar performance at past positions. Mention sale stats, promotions, awards, and leadership accomplishments.
Biological Scientist Resume Templates
To master your skills, reference our library with real-world resumes created from biological scientist resume templates. It can be a beneficial tool to turn a rough draft into a finished product. Also, our resume builder has won awards because of its time-saving features. It includes spellcheck and pre-written bullet points.
- Biological Scientist Example 1
Delivery Driver (2011 – still working) Fedex, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States Informed customers about technical and clinical issues. Administered prescriptions to patients Arranged experiments as needed. Recorded data, obs... more 2
- Biological Scientist Example 2
Volunteer, 01.01.2014 – 01.31.2014 Keciogren Egitim ve Arastirma Hastanesi, Keciogren, Ankara, Turkey I worked in a Pathalogy Laboratory for gaining experience as a volunteer. I worked with a qualified doctor team in order to look ... more 3
- Biological Scientist Example 3
Erik Kunz EducationWenatchee High School – 2010 Wenatchee, Washington, United States Graduate, Diploma Honors Society MemberGonzaga University – 2014 Spokane, WA, United States Biology, Bachelor of Science President’... more 4
- Biological Scientist Example 4
xlor es Work history Server (December 2014 – June 2015)Pho Bay, Westminster, Colorado, United States In addition to being a server i also bused and cleaned tables as well as the rest of the restaurant. i also took care of sales and t... more 5
- Biological Scientist Example 5
Student (August 2011 – Present) Vistamar School, El Segundo, CA Laboratory Work -DNA Structures -Reproductive Systems -Dissections -Microscope Work Areas of expertise AP Biology, Above Average 4 years Art Drawing, Above Average... more 6
- Biological Scientist Example 6
Mohammad Parwez Alam Technical skillsGene modification techniques to study functional genomics CRISPR-Cas9 based gene modification 3Epigenetics and Chromatin Biology Nucleosome mapping in animal and plant tissues 6Next-Generation sequenc... more 7
- Biological Scientist Example 7
Researcher , 06.06.2016 – 31.08.2016 Vincenzo Bonifati’s Lab-Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, Wytemawag, The Netherlands I did an internship in Vincenzo Bonifati’s Lab at the department of Clinical Genetics in Erasmus... more 8
- Biological Scientist Example 8
Demonstrator/Instructor (November 2011 – Present)King Saud University- College of Applied Medical Sciences (Clinical Laboratory Sciences Department), Riyadh, Riyadh Province, Saudi Arabia – Taught undergraduate level Bact... more 9
- Biological Scientist Example 9
George Kotsiras Education College of Charleston, 2014, CharlestonSouth Carolina, USA Science, BS Marine Biology Bachelor’s Degree in Marine BiologyInterests Music Movies Athletics Work history Farmhand (Janurary 2010 – Septe... more 10
- Biological Scientist Example 10
Ryan Wooten EducationNorthern Michigan University – 2014 Marquette, MI, United States Biology, Bachelor’s of Science Bachelor’s Degree in BiologyWork historyCrew Member – ( May 1, 2014 – August 10, 2014) A... more