As a successful economist, you perform research and analysis as part of your job; it is crucial to present a resume that demonstrates you completed an in-depth study of the writing process. In order for your document to stand out to a hiring manager, it needs to be professional as well as attention-grabbing.
Use our real-world economist resume templates to get ideas on everything from format and font to language choice and keyword usage. Just a brief time of reading through our examples and tips can help you figure out how to write a resume that will work best for you.
Free Social Sciences Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional social sciences resumes.
How To Mention Your Economist Experience
Just listing duties you performed at previous jobs is not going to convince a hiring manager you would make an excellent professional economist. Instead, talk about what you’ve accomplished in your career using strong action words, like the writers of our economist resume templates. You should also mimic the language and keywords used in the job description to ensure your resume resonates with a hiring manager.
• Conduct strategic, scientific surveys and gather precise data to ensure accurate findings and impactful results
• Use a variety of software, statistical techniques, and mathematical models to appropriately analyze and interpret data
• Forecast trends in various markets and interpret current economic developments to predict future market movements
• Address economic problems with expertise and recommend solutions and plans of action based on research and accurate facts
• Create charts, tables, and reports to convincingly present research results and provide advice on economic topics
Economist Resume Tips
You don’t have to use a crazy font style to grab a hiring manager’s attention. Some of the best ways to interest a hiring manager come from understanding what makes a strong, professional document, like our economist resume templates. Check out the following tips for easy ways to improve your writing.
1. Personalize Your Economist Resume: To show a hiring manager you are the best candidate for the position, use keywords and specific requirements from each job posting in your resume. Don’t submit the same generic document to everyone.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: A hiring manager is unlikely to keep reading a boring resume. Use descriptive terms to talk about your accomplishments to entice your reader and prove your resume is worth his or her time.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: You could say, "interpreted data to advise companies on market trends," but it is more convincing to mention a time your data helped a company get ahead of the trends to make a large profit.