As a successful economist, you perform research and analysis as part of your job; it is crucial to present a resume that demonstrates you completed an in-depth study of the writing process. In order for your document to stand out to a hiring manager, it needs to be professional as well as attention-grabbing.
Use our real-world economist resume templates to get ideas on everything from format and font to language choice and keyword usage. Just a brief time of reading through our examples and tips can help you figure out how to write a resume that will work best for you.
Free Social Sciences Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional social sciences resumes.
How To Mention Your Economist Experience
Just listing duties you performed at previous jobs is not going to convince a hiring manager you would make an excellent professional economist. Instead, talk about what you’ve accomplished in your career using strong action words, like the writers of our economist resume templates. You should also mimic the language and keywords used in the job description to ensure your resume resonates with a hiring manager.
• Conduct strategic, scientific surveys and gather precise data to ensure accurate findings and impactful results
• Use a variety of software, statistical techniques, and mathematical models to appropriately analyze and interpret data
• Forecast trends in various markets and interpret current economic developments to predict future market movements
• Address economic problems with expertise and recommend solutions and plans of action based on research and accurate facts
• Create charts, tables, and reports to convincingly present research results and provide advice on economic topics
Economist Resume Tips
You don’t have to use a crazy font style to grab a hiring manager’s attention. Some of the best ways to interest a hiring manager come from understanding what makes a strong, professional document, like our economist resume templates. Check out the following tips for easy ways to improve your writing.
1. Personalize Your Economist Resume: To show a hiring manager you are the best candidate for the position, use keywords and specific requirements from each job posting in your resume. Don’t submit the same generic document to everyone.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: A hiring manager is unlikely to keep reading a boring resume. Use descriptive terms to talk about your accomplishments to entice your reader and prove your resume is worth his or her time.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: You could say, "interpreted data to advise companies on market trends," but it is more convincing to mention a time your data helped a company get ahead of the trends to make a large profit.
Economist Resume Templates
As you look through our economist resume templates, remember professionals and real-world jobseekers submitted them. This means these templates provide an excellent standard to judge your own document against. Tools such as these templates and the resume builder from My Perfect Resume allow you to quickly create your best draft.
- Economist Example 1
hree ta Education B.Borooah College, Guwahati, Assam Bachelor of Arts, Economics, 2014 Studied Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Mathematics, Statistics, Political Science, Environmental Science and Alternative English. Passed B.A with CGPA 8.... more 2
- Economist Example 2
xsha aj Education Convent Of Jesus & Mary, 2014, New DelhiDelhi, India Economics, Bachelors Education Convent Of Jesus & Mary Bachelors In Economics New Delhi, Delhi, India Graduated May 2014 I have completed my schooling from ... more 3
- Economist Example 3
Lexi Walega EducationUniversity of Colorado – 2014 Boulder, Colorado, USA Social Sciences, Economics Bachelor of Arts and Sciences in EconomicsInterests Art Movies Travelling Socializing with friends Photography Events organizer Ma... more 4
- Economist Example 4
USG Finance – UOHMUN July 2016 – Present // Hyderabad (India) WE successfully conducted the first edition of UOHMUN and the second edition is coming up in September this year and is gaining a lot of support.Tutor/ Coun... more 5
- Economist Example 5
waria krystle it Personal informationI am an Economics student at National University of Singapore. I am a hard worker who is efficient yet detail-oriented. I have good inter-personal skills which allow me to be a leader and a good team pl... more 6
- Economist Example 6
Ticket Sales Volunteer for IGN Gaming Convention – IGN September 2015 – September 2015 // Doha (Qatar) Was present at the ticket booth which intended to sell entry tickets to the event and greet people on the VIP list.V... more 7
- Economist Example 7
Sept 2011 – Present / McMaster Engineering Library (University of Toledo), Toledo, OH Library Assistant Resolved patrons?? complaints tactfully and professionally. Located requested books on the shelves and in the library database. ... more 8
- Economist Example 8
xthew xang Education Second Class Upper Division, Economics & Linguistics University of Ghana, Legon, 2013, Accra, Acccra (Ghana) Bachelor’s Degree in Economics Internships National Service (Admin/HR Officer) 2013/2014 at West A... more 9
- Economist Example 9
SAMRAT MITRA EducationCity College School – 1999-2009 Kolkata, West Bengal, India General, Secondary The school runs under the curriculum of west Bengal board of secondary education. The medium of lecture was Bengali. And my percentage... more 10
- Economist Example 10
Front Office Secretary-Volunteer – USO July, 2016 – August, 2016 // Grafenwoehr (Germany) Provided social services an supported individuals under the supervision of the social services director. Supported adults with develo... more