One of the best ways to demonstrate your knowledge of and appreciation for documents as a historian is to write an impressive resume, like our historian resume templates. You are more likely to stand out to a hiring manager if your resume reflects your skill set and inspires confidence you could perform the job effectively.
When you need to build a resume but wonder how to make it impactful, our templates and tools can provide the assistance you need. Creating an outstanding document doesn’t have to intimidate or frustrate you. Just like the professionals who submitted our templates, you too can write a powerful resume.
Free Social Sciences Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional social sciences resumes.
How To Mention Your Historian Experience
While it is important to include the right experiences on your resume to prove your qualifications, how you describe that information can impress a hiring manager even more than the facts themselves. As a professional historian, you should spend time making sure your writing is engaging. Utilize strong action words and language from the job description to craft an enticing document, as shown in our historian resume templates.
• Use proven techniques and tools to conserve artifacts, records, and manuscripts for observation by future generations
• Collect data and historical records from various sources including court records, news files, archives, and photographs
• Make historical art recommendations about which items to include in a collection or put on display for an exhibition
• Determine research topics to present to employers or pursue topics of investigation requested by specific clients
• Make sure publications and exhibits are historically accurate and properly prepared before opening for public display
Historian Resume Tips
If you are one of the many people looking for assistance writing an impressive resume, our historian resume templates can provide insight into what each section of your document should involve. We also have simple tips that can make a tremendous impact on the quality of your writing.
1. Personalize Your Historian Resume: Instead of submitting the same resume to many companies, you can get a better response by sending customized versions to fewer employers. Use keywords and language similar to the kind used in each job description.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Take advantage of the first section of your resume to wow a hiring manager. Sell yourself right from the start to give your reader a reason to continue perusing your document.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Even though you may want to list tasks you previously performed, you can make a bigger impression on a hiring manager when you write about a specific incident where your work made a difference.
Historian Resume Templates
Don’t underestimate the difference using a resume builder can make on your writing process. Let the professionals at My Perfect Resume show you how to go from a blank sheet of paper to a quality resume in no time. Like the contributors of our historian resume templates, you’ll have a document you’re proud of.
- Historian Example 1
ifer mo EducationGannon University, 2012 Erie, PA, United States Histoyr, Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Arts in HistoryWest Chester University of Pennsylvania, 2014 West Chester, PA, United States Holocaust & Genocide Studies, Mas... more 2
- Historian Example 2
vin ne Technical skillsStrong Work Ethic, Cross and Track runner – 8 years yearsLeadership, Cross Country Captain – 4 years yearsWork History Merchandise Pick Up (7/22/15 – present)Sears , Cedar Rapids, IA, Lin... more 3
- Historian Example 3
Stephen Wilson Education East Carolina University, 2013, GreenvilleNorth Carolina, U.S.A. Public History, B.S. in Public History This field of study has given me knowledge in the field of non-academic history that focuses on educating the ge... more 4
- Historian Example 4
: 2010-2017. Petty Officer Second Class, USN.Air Traffic Controller – United States Navy January 3rd, 2014 – September 18th, 2017 // Sigonella (Italy) Provided support for Mediterranean, NAVCENT, AFRICOM, U.S FIFTH and... more 5
- Historian Example 5
xole iams Education Simmons College, 2013, BostonMA, United States History, Master of Arts Thesis: “Dr. Earnest Hooton: Racist, Eugenicist, or Prophet of Human Decay?” Research focus: Boston-area History and Race throughout ... more 6
- Historian Example 6
, – , , () Education Marist College, 2006 (Poughkeepsie, NY – USA) Secondary Education – Bachelor of Arts in History I graduated in from this institution in four years after attending as a full-time student. Centr... more 7
- Historian Example 7
Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation, Hamden , Connecticut August 2013 – Present : Communications Manager HOLD State Historic Preservation Office, Hartford, Connecticut October 2015 – Present : Liaison HOLD New Haven... more 8
- Historian Example 8
Meaghan Barnett Work historyChild Care – ( January 2011 – August 2011) Spectrum Fitness, Zachary, Louisiana (United States ) I took care of the parents’ kids and helped with the front desk when needed.EducationLouisian... more 9
- Historian Example 9
Teller – ( August 2011 – September 2012) Landmark Bank, Zachary, Louisiana (United States ) I had teller duties, was responsible for counting the vault, and helped the other tellers.Waitress – ( September 2012 ... more 10
- Historian Example 10
Fernando Ascencio EducationFolsom Lake College – Still Attending Folsom, California, United States History, Social Science Currently attending Folsom Lake College in order to transfer to Sacramento State.LanguagesSpanish, Fluent... more