Working in the political science field can be rewarding but also competitive. To put your best foot forward from the start, you often need to impress a recruiter with your resume. Taking the time to master the art of resume writing can increase your chances of getting an interview offer.
Our political science resume templates are a great tool to guide you through the process. Every template is pre-formatted so you can fill in your information step by step. Furthermore, you can receive writing tips straight from the experts to sharpen the content of your document.
Free Social Sciences Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional social sciences resumes.
How To Mention Your Political Science Experience
It may take a few rough drafts to craft an effective resume. Our political science resume templates help make your writing compelling so you can rise above the other applicants.
Most recruiters spend between five and seven seconds looking at a resume before putting the document in the "stay" or "go" pile. Thus, you need to pay attention to your wording to make a strong impression in a single glance. Strive to make your resume easy to read. Avoid repetition, but include plenty of specific details. Begin each sentence with an action verb and use several keywords from the job description. For example, a political science analyst could include the following in his or her document:
• Conduct public opinion surveys and organize the data
• Forecast political and economic trends by developing theories from the data
• Travel to campaigns to interview members of Congress and the Senate
• Compile presentations for conferences and write journalism reports
• Consult with labor and government organizations about current policies and events
Political Science Resume Tips
A political science resume has to look professional. Customized political science resume templates contain pre-formatted sections that make fitting in all your information simple. The spacing and margins are aligned to give your document a balanced look. In addition, following these tips can enhance your writing:
1. Personalize Your Political Science Resume: Hiring managers contact candidates who they think are a good culture fit and can complete duties with ease. To meet their expectations, tailor your resume to the job description. Include relevant credentials and skills that an employer is looking for.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many recruiters often look to the summary statement first. Write three to five sentences describing your best abilities that serve as a sales pitch for why you deserve a position.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Bring attention to your performance at past positions. Mention promotions, sales stats, awards, and leadership accomplishments.
Political Science Resume Templates
For reference, we have compiled a library of real-world resumes created from our political science resume templates. Use this beneficial resource to determine the expectations of hiring managers.
My Perfect Resume's resume builder has won awards because of its time-saving features. It includes spellcheck and pre-written bullet points so you can create a resume with no hassle.
- Political Science Example 1
Eagle Guide, 10/14 – 05/15 Texas A&M University- Texarkana, Texarkana, Texas, United States of America Clarified and solved doubts about programs and eligibility requirements Informed students and realized many different admin... more 2
- Political Science Example 2
nry xgan Education Saint John’s University, 2017, CollegevilleMinnesota, USA Communication/Political Science, Bachelor’s of Arts Communication and political science double major, specifying in mass media communication and US p... more 3
- Political Science Example 3
Darcy Weir EducationColorado Mesa University – 2017 Grand Junction, Colorado, United States Political Science, Bachelors I am a Freshman at Colorado Mesa University planning to graduate in the Spring of 2017. Currently, I am pursuing... more 4
- Political Science Example 4
xend am Education International Studies, International Relations California State University, Long Beach, 2018, Long Beach, CA (United States ) Maintained above 3.0 average in 3 semesters at CSULB. Work history Sports Specialist (6/01/2014... more 5
- Political Science Example 5
Alpha Phi Omega – Zeta Delta, (2014- Present) * Active Retention Chair 2014-2015 * Pledge Educator 2015- 2016 Lean In At Miami University * Philanthropy Chair 2014-2015 * President 2015 – Present 4 Paws for Ability * Gene... more 6
- Political Science Example 6
Education Counselor – Universiti Tun Abdul Razak Sdn. Bhd. 13 September 2016 – Current // Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) Engaged with prospects and advised them on their educational pathwayEducationBachelor of Arts – G... more 7
- Political Science Example 7
Kevin Maloney EducationUniversity of Hawaii West Oahu – 2015 Kapolei, HI, USA Political Science, Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences Additional focus in AnthropologyWork historySalon Coordinator – ( August 2007 – Octo... more 8
- Political Science Example 8
xffin rson SkillsCustomer Service skills, ( )Conflict resolution, ( )Leadership ability , ( )Independence , ( )Fast learner, ( )Dependability , ( )Education Economics – University of Maine ,... more 9
- Political Science Example 9
Senior Teacher – ( September 2012 – June 2016) Canadian Bilingual School, Kuwait, Kuwait City (Kuwait) At this job I worked as a high school teacher working with grades from 7 – 12. I was good at my job and I got alo... more 10
- Political Science Example 10
Shop assistant (1. 6. 2014 – Current)SAM 73 Apparel s.r.o., N?!chod, Czech Republic As a shop assistant in a company that sells sporstwear I give the customers information about our products, help them pick out suitable material... more