You are no stranger to analyzing data and drawing conclusions based on your findings. What you will find here are research resume templates that show you how to present your experience and your most valuable skills in writing. These examples teach you how to persuade prospective employers that you are the strongest candidate they have.
Our real-world examples written by actual jobseekers let you see how your finished document should appear. With the use of the resume builder and adherence to a few tips to polish your last draft, the end result is sure to be a stunner.
Free Social Sciences Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional social sciences resumes.
How To Mention Your Research Experience
Social science researchers dissect the cultural, interpersonal, spiritual, and collective aspects of individuals and civilizations to enhance understanding of both historical and present events. We offer research resume templates that show how to effectively describe career experience in social science fields such as psychology, sociology, anthropology, and archaeology. The best presentation of your experience comes from mimicking the action words found in the job description:
• Perform both qualitative and quantitative analyses to discover both the broad themes that emerge and their practical applications
• Obtain fully informed consent from any parties subject to testing after detailing the research process and their roles in it
• Utilize computer software to perform multivariate data functions, thus increasing the accuracy of those calculations
• Test for factors of validity and reliability to make sure questionnaires measure the desired and relevant data
• Present research findings in written articles for professional journals, public presentations, and panel discussions at conferences
Research Resume Tips
Our research resume templates and high-quality professional examples show you how your document should look. You can emulate the formatting in your resume. The following tips can help you iron out the details and make the final draft an easy-to-read, solid representation of your best traits and most relevant experience.
1. Personalize Your Research Resume: Every research position is different, so don't rely on the same resume. If you match the terminology in your document to that of the job description, you are more likely to seem like a great match.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many resume writers make the mistake of focusing too much on their goals rather than heralding their skills and contributions. A summary statement should tell employers exactly what they can expect when they hire you.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Details are important in both research and recruitment. Your individual achievements are more persuasive than a list of job duties for each position. Focus on quantifiable accomplishments and notable experiences.
Research Resume Templates
Peruse our collection of research resume templates to find great examples. Use what you learn to write your own draft. Perhaps you prefer to follow the steps outlined by our partners at My Perfect Resume in their online resume builder. Edit your final copy with real-world tips before you submit it.
- Research Example 21
Freelance Graphic Designer (January 2013 – April 2013)Infinity Nightclub , Lake Zurich, IL Designed logo and general graphics for up-and-coming teen nightclub. Developed templates for e-newsletters, presentations and reports. ... more 22
- Research Example 22
with both MAC and Windows operating systems *Extensive experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint *Proficient with SPSS program *Customer Service experience and abilities Volunteer Work *Museum of Science; Boston, MA – E... more 23
- Research Example 23
Interviewer – ( 01/29/2013 – 03/22/2013) Issues and Answers, Inc., Escanaba, Michigan (USA) Conduct and complete telephone surveys to gather information for clients, using computer and telephone together effectively.Int... more 24
- Research Example 24
Muhammad Daniel Arief B Razak EducationUniversiti Teknologi Mara – 2016 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia Applied Science, Bachelor’s Degree in Bio-composite Technology Attended a conference on Japanese Agricultural Standard at FRIM.... more 25
- Research Example 25
hn xell Education and Training Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Psychology Fordham University, 2018, Bronx, New York (United States) I earned a 4.0 GPA and a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Fordham University. Internships Psychol... more 26
- Research Example 26
xnel xo Education The University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 2017, Ann ArborMichigan, USA English, Bachelor’s (?) Working towards English Bachelor’s Degree High School Diploma from Langley High School in Mclean, VirginiaWork histo... more 27
- Research Example 27
Communications Manager (2011 – present)Showroom Logic, New York, New York, USA Supervised creative and technology teams to arrange and start ad products for clients and for the company. Presented periodical campaign reports to c... more 28
- Research Example 28
Senior Associate Operations – WNS Global Services – (March 2014/November 2016) Bangalore, Karnataka, India AnalystEducation Computer Science and Engineering, Bachelor of Technology Audisankara College of Engineering and ... more 29
- Research Example 29
xssia rnoy Education , North Charleston High School, 2015, North Charleston, SC (USA) I spent four years attending NCHS. My senior year, I took all AP classes and a dual credit course at Trident Technical College. I graduated June 4th, 201... more 30
- Research Example 30
d user of Microsoft office products. Keen user of the internet. Personal Qualities: Communicative Organized Calm and determined under pressure. Quick learner Flexible and adaptable ... more