A veterinarian on a ranch needs to handle a variety of duties on a daily basis. Additionally, those responsibilities change throughout the year and vets must adapt them to varying weather conditions. An employer must be able to trust you with these responsibilities, and you can see how you need to sell yourself as trustworthy with our ranch resume templates.
Even if you realize you only need to change a couple things on your document, those edits can make all the difference. These tips can help you land more interviews and eventually get a great new job.
Free Veterinary Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional veterinary resumes.
How To Mention Your Ranch Experience
Vets on a ranch need to handle an array of duties to treat and improve conditions for livestock. For an employer to trust you with these duties, you need to take cues from our ranch resume templates. They serve as guides to show you the most efficient way to sell yourself and make a great first impression. The easiest way to accomplish that is by mimicking the language of the job ad and starting each statement with a powerful action verb.
• Monitor animals on the ranch, isolating sick or injured animals from the rest of the herd
• Examine and treat stock for disease, injury, and other health issues
• Oversee mating and birthing of cattle, horses, or sheep
• Advise and instruct ranch hands on appropriate treatment of animals and living conditions
• Hire, supervise, and train new workers on a number of practices, including vaccinating, removing parasites, and caring for teeth
Ranch Resume Tips
Before you begin your next job search, you definitely want to review at least a few ranch resume templates. You will start to see some common themes throughout them, and one key trick to keep in mind is that the writers all did the following.
1. Personalize Your Ranch Resume: First, you need to create a firm resume foundation. From there, you can customize the document for each unique job opening with keywords relevant to that position. This tells the hiring manager you actually read the ad.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many hiring managers quickly spend six seconds skimming a resume to determine if they should read it fully. A strong summary statement at the top makes an employer more inclined to read the entire thing.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The accomplishments mentioned on your resume should relate to the job you hope to get. These achievements strengthen an already solid application with prime examples of the skills you need to be an asset.
Ranch Resume Templates
With these ranch resume templates in your arsenal, you now have a leg up over all the other job applicants. For more assistance, make sure to take a look at My Perfect Resume. This tool offers step-by-step assistance to help you create an application that truly stands out.
- Ranch Example 1
QA/QC inspector, 2/15/15 – 5/20/15 Alternative Energy Development , Holden, UT, USA Completed assignments on-time and within budget, and was available to travel on short notice. Performed operation and maintenance activities for re... more 2
- Ranch Example 2
General Manager – ( November 2015 – Current) Dollar Tree, Largo , Florida Continuation of Family Dollar; franchise was bought out by Dollar Tree. Created employee schedules, payroll and background check through Project Man... more 3
- Ranch Example 3
Veterinary Technician / Equine Operations – ( January 2001 – Present) GOLDEN EAGLE FARM, Ramona, CA (USA) Managed all medical needs and records of all horses; Administered treatments; IV/IM injections; Preventative care; Ra... more 4
- Ranch Example 4
Store Manager, October 2000 – January 2014 Enmark, Augusta , GA, United States Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges an... more 5
- Ranch Example 5
Bruce Oakley – ( 1979 – 1986) Oakley, El Paso, Arkansas (USA) Complete ranch work. Started here after Bar L in Vilonia, Arkansas. And before Bar L I spent my life working for my grandfather on the land that you own. I know ... more 6
- Ranch Example 6
Manager/Owner (April, 2004 – Present)Subway Sandwiches, Union City, CA, USA Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges an... more 7
- Ranch Example 7
Maintenance Technician (Janurary 2011 – November 2014)The El Chaparral, Riverside, Missouri, United States Installed and repaired wiring for Electric stoves, ceiling fans, lighting fixtures, and Range Hoods. repaired and up kept... more 8
- Ranch Example 8
Intern (January 2014 – May 2014)Upper Peninsulia Equestrian Center, Gwinn, MI Observed livestock to detect diseases and wounds. Attended 40 horses, 8 cows, and 3 goats, fed, and watered livestock. Prepared and administered food,... more 9
- Ranch Example 9
Nicholas Engel EducationShaler Area High School – 2007 Pittsburgh, PA, United States AP program, High School Degree Followed an advanced placement program throughout high school.Slippery Rock University – Currently enrolled ... more 10
- Ranch Example 10
Stockman, September – still working Happy egg company (Bulbourne farm), watford, Hertfordshire (United Kingdom) All aspects of farm and poultry (day to day care of poultry, egg collecting, appropriate culling/dispatched, maintenan... more