A veterinarian on a ranch needs to handle a variety of duties on a daily basis. Additionally, those responsibilities change throughout the year and vets must adapt them to varying weather conditions. An employer must be able to trust you with these responsibilities, and you can see how you need to sell yourself as trustworthy with our ranch resume templates.
Even if you realize you only need to change a couple things on your document, those edits can make all the difference. These tips can help you land more interviews and eventually get a great new job.
Free Veterinary Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional veterinary resumes.
How To Mention Your Ranch Experience
Vets on a ranch need to handle an array of duties to treat and improve conditions for livestock. For an employer to trust you with these duties, you need to take cues from our ranch resume templates. They serve as guides to show you the most efficient way to sell yourself and make a great first impression. The easiest way to accomplish that is by mimicking the language of the job ad and starting each statement with a powerful action verb.
• Monitor animals on the ranch, isolating sick or injured animals from the rest of the herd
• Examine and treat stock for disease, injury, and other health issues
• Oversee mating and birthing of cattle, horses, or sheep
• Advise and instruct ranch hands on appropriate treatment of animals and living conditions
• Hire, supervise, and train new workers on a number of practices, including vaccinating, removing parasites, and caring for teeth
Ranch Resume Tips
Before you begin your next job search, you definitely want to review at least a few ranch resume templates. You will start to see some common themes throughout them, and one key trick to keep in mind is that the writers all did the following.
1. Personalize Your Ranch Resume: First, you need to create a firm resume foundation. From there, you can customize the document for each unique job opening with keywords relevant to that position. This tells the hiring manager you actually read the ad.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many hiring managers quickly spend six seconds skimming a resume to determine if they should read it fully. A strong summary statement at the top makes an employer more inclined to read the entire thing.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The accomplishments mentioned on your resume should relate to the job you hope to get. These achievements strengthen an already solid application with prime examples of the skills you need to be an asset.
Ranch Resume Templates
With these ranch resume templates in your arsenal, you now have a leg up over all the other job applicants. For more assistance, make sure to take a look at My Perfect Resume. This tool offers step-by-step assistance to help you create an application that truly stands out.
- Ranch Example 21
Crew Member – ( 07-2011 – Current) Wendy’s, Brainerd, MN (United States) Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and explained the menu... more 22
- Ranch Example 22
Amirul Harith Haru / Pedro EducationSMK Mahsuri – 2009 – 2013 Kuah, Langkawi, Malaysia English , None I’m able to perform any type of Dutys given out to by my superiors Fast on doing whatever i am told Memory is short bu... more 23
- Ranch Example 23
Manager/ Guest Service Department – ( 08/01/12 – 00/00/00) Mcdonalds, Chandler, Az (United States) Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential... more 24
- Ranch Example 24
Busser/Hostess – Docs Fish Camp & Grille Decemeber 2015 – March 2016 // Marble Falls (United States) Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Kept in excellent condi... more 25
- Ranch Example 25
Management – ( 03/1/2013 – still employed) PapaJohns, raleigh, NC (Wake and Johnston county) At PapaJohns ive been in charge of counting the money down at nights, taking deposits to the bank in the morning when opening, co... more 26
- Ranch Example 26
Store Manager – ( 9/1/2000 – Present) Afford-A-Car, Springfield, Ohio (United States) Developed and analyzed data to value the current and future financial situation of clients. Worked within communities to detect and bring... more 27
- Ranch Example 27
Food/Beverage Clerk – Hershey Entertainment and Resorts (June 29, 2015/December 29, 2016) Hershey, Pennsylvania (United States) Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equ... more 28
- Ranch Example 28
Team Leader / Manager – Long John Silver’s 05/14/13 – 09/22/16 // Oklahoma City (United States) Worked in leadership and execution organizational issues such as succession planning, talent or performance management. M... more 29
- Ranch Example 29
Lifeguard – ( 2012 – 2016) Lyons Municipal Pool, Lyons, Kansas (United States) Fixed poles and strung wires to make trellises. Sprayed fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides if needed. Operated different machines and vehicl... more 30
- Ranch Example 30
General Manager – ( 1/6/2010 – 1/20/2016) Hungry Howies, Spring hill, FL (USA) Directed sales actions, trained staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges ... more