A veterinarian on a ranch needs to handle a variety of duties on a daily basis. Additionally, those responsibilities change throughout the year and vets must adapt them to varying weather conditions. An employer must be able to trust you with these responsibilities, and you can see how you need to sell yourself as trustworthy with our ranch resume templates.
Even if you realize you only need to change a couple things on your document, those edits can make all the difference. These tips can help you land more interviews and eventually get a great new job.
Free Veterinary Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional veterinary resumes.
How To Mention Your Ranch Experience
Vets on a ranch need to handle an array of duties to treat and improve conditions for livestock. For an employer to trust you with these duties, you need to take cues from our ranch resume templates. They serve as guides to show you the most efficient way to sell yourself and make a great first impression. The easiest way to accomplish that is by mimicking the language of the job ad and starting each statement with a powerful action verb.
• Monitor animals on the ranch, isolating sick or injured animals from the rest of the herd
• Examine and treat stock for disease, injury, and other health issues
• Oversee mating and birthing of cattle, horses, or sheep
• Advise and instruct ranch hands on appropriate treatment of animals and living conditions
• Hire, supervise, and train new workers on a number of practices, including vaccinating, removing parasites, and caring for teeth
Ranch Resume Tips
Before you begin your next job search, you definitely want to review at least a few ranch resume templates. You will start to see some common themes throughout them, and one key trick to keep in mind is that the writers all did the following.
1. Personalize Your Ranch Resume: First, you need to create a firm resume foundation. From there, you can customize the document for each unique job opening with keywords relevant to that position. This tells the hiring manager you actually read the ad.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many hiring managers quickly spend six seconds skimming a resume to determine if they should read it fully. A strong summary statement at the top makes an employer more inclined to read the entire thing.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The accomplishments mentioned on your resume should relate to the job you hope to get. These achievements strengthen an already solid application with prime examples of the skills you need to be an asset.
Ranch Resume Templates
With these ranch resume templates in your arsenal, you now have a leg up over all the other job applicants. For more assistance, make sure to take a look at My Perfect Resume. This tool offers step-by-step assistance to help you create an application that truly stands out.
- Ranch Example 31
Rancher – ( January 1st, 2008 – Present) Wagner Boys Cattle, Jackson, Wyoming (United States) I bred and raised cattle for our ranch and also did the book work for the ranch.Education and TrainingJackson Hole High Sch... more 32
- Ranch Example 32
Larry Todd Fischer Objective To work in a company that I can grow with, and be a part of a team. A company that can challenge me both mentally and physically leaving me with a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. Work historyLoader ... more 33
- Ranch Example 33
Assistant Manager – ( October 2013 – Current) Coast to Coast ( Jiffy Lube #1915 ), Helena , MT (U.S.) I am currently training the new store GM. Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and resu... more 34
- Ranch Example 34
Assistant Store Manager, December 2012 – Present Western Refining, El paso, TX, United States Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, ... more 35
- Ranch Example 35
Scott Jaindl Education and TrainingMeredith Manor International Equestrian Center – 2013 Waverly, WV, United States Dressage, Riding Master 3 Extensive hands on experience with excellent instructors.Certifications Horse health Equi... more 36
- Ranch Example 36
Educationjames weldon johnson collage prep ms – 8 jacksonville, florida, United States reading and alegbra, no degree at the time i know how to manage money and people, i know how to work fast and make good deals i can be reasonable and ... more 37
- Ranch Example 37
?’o xllo Education and Training undergraduate, Marine Transportation DMMA College of Southern Philippines, undergraduate, Davao City, Davao City (Philippines) Work history Own, Panabo City, Davao del Norte (Philippines) Tuna Retailer... more 38
- Ranch Example 38
Kenneth Johnson Education and TrainingMaple Hill High School – 2013 Castleton, New York, United States General Knowledge, High School High School DiplomaInternships 2014 and 2015 years worked on a Harvest Crew out in central North ... more 39
- Ranch Example 39
Asst Store Manager (Feb 2011 – April 2014)Best Buy, Tupelo, MS, United States Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Directed production teams tasks and supervised production staff. Pl... more 40
- Ranch Example 40
d, 5 years Run Equipment, Experienced, 6 years Weld, Experienced, 3 years Cow Calf Operations, Experienced, 6 years ExperienceDay Work – ( 11/1/15 – Present) Self-Employed, Riesel, Texas (United States) Vaccinated yearl... more