A veterinarian on a ranch needs to handle a variety of duties on a daily basis. Additionally, those responsibilities change throughout the year and vets must adapt them to varying weather conditions. An employer must be able to trust you with these responsibilities, and you can see how you need to sell yourself as trustworthy with our ranch resume templates.
Even if you realize you only need to change a couple things on your document, those edits can make all the difference. These tips can help you land more interviews and eventually get a great new job.
Free Veterinary Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional veterinary resumes.
How To Mention Your Ranch Experience
Vets on a ranch need to handle an array of duties to treat and improve conditions for livestock. For an employer to trust you with these duties, you need to take cues from our ranch resume templates. They serve as guides to show you the most efficient way to sell yourself and make a great first impression. The easiest way to accomplish that is by mimicking the language of the job ad and starting each statement with a powerful action verb.
• Monitor animals on the ranch, isolating sick or injured animals from the rest of the herd
• Examine and treat stock for disease, injury, and other health issues
• Oversee mating and birthing of cattle, horses, or sheep
• Advise and instruct ranch hands on appropriate treatment of animals and living conditions
• Hire, supervise, and train new workers on a number of practices, including vaccinating, removing parasites, and caring for teeth
Ranch Resume Tips
Before you begin your next job search, you definitely want to review at least a few ranch resume templates. You will start to see some common themes throughout them, and one key trick to keep in mind is that the writers all did the following.
1. Personalize Your Ranch Resume: First, you need to create a firm resume foundation. From there, you can customize the document for each unique job opening with keywords relevant to that position. This tells the hiring manager you actually read the ad.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many hiring managers quickly spend six seconds skimming a resume to determine if they should read it fully. A strong summary statement at the top makes an employer more inclined to read the entire thing.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The accomplishments mentioned on your resume should relate to the job you hope to get. These achievements strengthen an already solid application with prime examples of the skills you need to be an asset.
Ranch Resume Templates
With these ranch resume templates in your arsenal, you now have a leg up over all the other job applicants. For more assistance, make sure to take a look at My Perfect Resume. This tool offers step-by-step assistance to help you create an application that truly stands out.
- Ranch Example 41
Riley Haubrich Work historyHelping Hand – ( *Summer job*June 2008 – – September 2013) Rbk Farms, Hodgeville , Saskatchewan (Canada) Worked on my dads grain farm for the past five summers.Education and TrainingSwift Cu... more 42
- Ranch Example 42
Assistant Manager (march 2012 – Current Date)QuikTrip, Wichita, Kansas, United States Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and planned sales campaigns to achieve the company objectives. Planned mate... more 43
- Ranch Example 43
Certified Paraoptimetric (4/18/2016 – current )Midwest Eye Consultants, Kokomo, IN, United States Ordered and performed all Medical Standards of care in an optometry office. Scheduling of all ancillary testing, Recommended and ... more 44
- Ranch Example 44
operations manager,retail & commercial sales, estimator, merchandising, pricing & tagging, measuring & installing window treatments, dispatch, receiving, assistant office manager, warehouse assistant – ( 3-1-1989 ... more 45
- Ranch Example 45
Dog Care Specialist, 2012 – Present, The Dog Resort, Supervising and caring for 10-60 dogs at a time. Dog Trainer, 2011 – 2013, Morningstar Dog Training, Assisted in teaching Basic Obedience dog training classes ... more 46
- Ranch Example 46
Gieson Motorsports, Rock Falls, Illinois (usa) service foreman, May 1998 – current Directed service technicians to proper and timely repair procedures on power sport vehicles. Evaluated and tested finished products before customer... more 47
- Ranch Example 47
Film Crew (April 2013 – May 2014)AMC, Castle Rock, Colorado Up-sold additional menu items, beverages and desserts to increase restaurant profits. Took necessary steps to meet customer needs and effectively resolve food or servic... more 48
- Ranch Example 48
Customer Service – ( 2011 – 2012) Serco Bpo Pvt Ltd, Gurgaon, Haryana (India) Dealt with client problems and complaints keeping cordial and helpful.E Commerce Employee – ( 2013 – Till now) Himgiri Enterprise... more 49
- Ranch Example 49
Trainer/Owner – ( 2010 – Present) Stevie J. West Horsemanship, Bear Valley Springs, California (USA) Trained horses at various ages/stages of ability. Managed personnel and business. Served mares in labor. Taught beginner r... more 50
- Ranch Example 50
Miss Management, Inc., Anderson, South Carolina (United States) District Manager, October 2014 – November 2016 Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Prudential, Anderson, South Carolin... more