Make sure you focus on accomplishments and quantifiable ways you helped a company meet key performance goals. A well-written resume that showcases how your skills and experience connect with the open position will get your resume more consideration than a poorly written document. Before you send the resume, make sure to edit and proofread any writing to catch spelling errors and typos.
Accounts Receivable Resume Sample
Dedicated specialist in accounts receivable with exceptional customer service, analytical, and general business skills. Solid background in Excel, data management, and accounting software. Ability to manage accounts-receivable across multiple product lines.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Total Tax Office
- Background in accounting and general business management
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience with deposit verification and transaction checks
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone and email
- Deadline orientation and excellent sense of urgency
Origins Technology, Inc., Owings Mills, MD
- Oversee multi-million dollar accounts with varying billing structures
- Maintain accurate data in financial software and perform monthly audits
- Provide a new record-keeping structure that decreased the amount of entry errors from the rest of the A/R team by 20%
- Work closely with other finance team members to forecast goals for receiving payments in a timely manner
- Complete annual performance reviews for team members and develop individualized goals to improve overall performance and morale
StarHouse Software, Crofton, MD
- Calculated payment amounts and created accurate invoices for delivery to clients
- Reviewed incoming payments and updated client accounts to reflect current balance and relevant fees and interest
- Reduced A/R that were more than three months past due by 30%
- Organized a new system to track outstanding balances and increased on-time payments by 15%
- Maintained accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for open and closed accounts
- Built relationships with customers via phone and email to help decrease late payments
Underhaus, Ltd., Frederick, MD
- Made initial phone calls to customers with outstanding balances
- Reviewed profit and loss statements from finance and accounting departments to ensure accuracy and ask questions about the process
- Generated reports using QuickBooks for the executive team
- Received an employee of the month award for assistance on a project that increased the cash flow for the organization by 30%
- Issued invoices to customers and reviewed data for accuracy
University of Northern Colorado, Colorado
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Accounts Receivable Resume? Let’s Check
In this case, yes. What this resume communicates is the right mix of professional accomplishments, work experience, and skills. The Summary states the candidate’s ability to handle multiple projects at once while maintaining excellent attention to detail. The work experience displays quantifiable accomplishments that directly affect the cash flow coming into the organization. The bullet points also allow room to outline the communication and interpersonal skills that go into developing on-time payments.
This resume successfully shows that building relationships with customers has a direct impact on the bottom line. An accounts receivable position requires regular and positive interactions with customers as well as the ability to quickly analyze data. The accounts receivable resume sample shows a chronological listing of experience that shows a blend of technical and interpersonal skills. In addition, the education shows training in math and general accounting principles.
Yes. What this resume does is show a systematic approach to increasing the cash flow for an organization. The accounts receivable professional is on the front lines to clear payments from customers and other stakeholders. On that note, this accounts receivable resume sample quantifies how providing regular customer service results in more on-time payments. It is also clear that the candidate can see the big picture of how the position fits in with wider company goals by striving for more efficiency.
There is a clear path of increased responsibility in this candidate’s career trajectory. This specific candidate started off in a more generalist position after completing a degree. After that position, the candidate got a junior accounts receivable position based on previous experience. The bullet list displays professional accomplishments that utilized independent judgment and thinking.
The benefits of this resume sample is the clear formatting between the Summary, skills, work experience, and education sections. What this does is help the hiring manager quickly assess a candidate’s fit for the position. The lack of grammar and spelling errors directly shows a skill set that is important for accounts receivable professionals, and that is attention to detail.