Consider using a well-crafted staff accountant resume sample, like the one included here, as a jumping-off point to help you gain momentum as you dive into your job search. From this, you can get a feel for the overall tone the document should have, as well as the critical elements to include, and you can begin to cultivate your own ideas as a result. The resume writing guidance and suggestions that accompany the sample will further assist you in your task.
Staff Accountant Resume Sample
Dependable, detail-oriented accountant with four years of experience and a positive, can-do attitude. Exceptional tax preparation, budget planning, financial analysis and reconciliation, and reporting skills. Team player with a customer-focused mentality.
Skills and Qualifications
- Solid working knowledge of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Exceptional proficiency in cost accounting, budget analysis, tax preparation, and account reconciliation
- First-rate mathematical and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce needed results both independently and as part of a team
- Competence in all standard accounting software, including QuickBooks, Denali, and NetSuite
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements for review and analysis by senior accounting team
- Review and analyze income and expenses for key client projects and present findings to company leadership
- Reconcile and report performance of actual budgets against predicted budgets to ensure accountability
- Manage and service 400 to 500 client tax preparation accounts annually
- Process and resolve all assigned tax preparation accounts on time and under budget for tax years 2015 and 2016
- Executed a wide range of general accounting tasks at the request of senior accounting personnel, such as making bank deposits, carrying out balance sheet and bank account statement reconciliations, and performing account analysis
- Coordinated, notated, and managed all incoming and outgoing express-service shipments for the accounting department
- Prescreened job applications from thousands of seasonal-hire jobseekers to expedite the seasonal hiring process
- Managed conversion of the entire accounting department filing system from hard-copy to electronic, streamlining team access to needed files
- Earned letter of commendation from company leadership in recognition of tireless late-night and weekend hours spent assisting senior accountants during the hectic fiscal year-end period
- Supported smooth and efficient operations within the staff accounting department by responding to recordkeeping and tracking requests in a timely manner
- Monitored and reviewed company budgets and unresolved accounts to ensure proper resolution and handling
- Greeted and ushered new and existing clients into the office, maintaining the company’s stellar reputation by providing a warm and welcoming experience
- Assisted in a variety of office administrative tasks, including copying, printing, filing, and following up with clients via e-mail or phone
- Recognized as employee of the month in August and December of 2013
University of Texas at Austin, Texas
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Staff Accountant Resume? Let’s Check
Yes. The writer cleanly divided the resume into sections that house the job candidate’s Summary, skills, work experience, and education. She also condensed the material contained within each of these sections into succinct bullet points, making the information effortless to digest. The candidate also takes care to provide a polished document free of spelling or grammar errors, leaving employers with a great first impression.
This resume undoubtedly demonstrates that the candidate is moving up in the ranks as an accounting professional. Immediately following her work as an accounting assistant, she became a junior accountant. Subsequently, she secured a higher-level appointment as a staff accountant. This type of savvy and ambition is exactly what many employers are looking for.
These are important areas of expertise in the accounting field, and the candidate testifies plainly to her prowess in these areas in the skills section of the resume sample. In addition, she implies a high level of skill in these areas by her completion of an undergraduate degree in finance.
The candidate’s Summary and experience sections speak directly to this question. Take a look at the recordkeeping tasks the candidate performed as an accounting assistant, as well as the account analysis and reconciliation tasks the candidate accomplished as a junior accountant. Also, check out the financial statement preparation, budget analysis, and tax preparation tasks the candidate completed as a staff accountant.
Yes. The candidate spotlights her ability to fulfill both of these expectations in the skills section of the resume sample, noting her competence in “all standard accounting software,” as well as how she can produce needed results independently.