A good resume consists of several sections, and you need to make sure each one is great. You never want to have any weak spots in your application because it could make your job hunt all the more difficult. By using this sample and the additional writing tips, you can create an attractive resume that is sure to make hiring managers take notice.
Daycare Aide Resume Sample
Empathetic daycare aide with experience watching over 30 children simultaneously to ensure everyone is playing safely. Knowledgeable of CPR and capable of changing diapers when necessary. Willing to communicate with parents when there are behavioral or educational problems that require addressing.
Skills and Qualifications
- Superior social perceptiveness
- Able to conduct a range of physical activities
- Experience with wet mops, vacuum cleaners, and fire extinguishers
- Familiarity with word processing software
- Knowledge of basic teaching principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great patience and stamina
2013 – Present
* Organize various recreational activities for kids to take part in, such as acquiring new toys for them to play with
* Read to children and ask them questions after the story to keep them engaged and interested
* Develop new, exciting trips for children to go on, including one event at a local zoo many children said was a fantastic experience
* Assist in helping kids with their snacks and drinks
* Keep records for all children to ensure kids take their medications on the right schedule
* Ensure special needs children, including those in wheelchairs and those with emotional problems, receive the care they need to thrive
2012 – 2013
* Created extra lesson plans for kids to do once they completed their homework to further assist them in their studies
* Disciplined children when they got out of hand, and communicated with parents when certain issues were not resolved
* Prepared nutritious meals, making sure never to incorporate dairy due to one of the children’s allergies
* Tutored children to assist them with their grades in mathematics, ultimately improving their grades from Bs to As
* Conducted a variety of housekeeping duties, such as cleaning every room of the house and mowing the lawn at least once a week
Tacoma Community College
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Daycare Aide Resume? Let’s Check
The very first thing you want to put on a resume is your contact information. A resume is not going to do you any good if a hiring manager has no way to get in touch with you. Always put your email address and phone number at the top of the document. You should provide the city and state you reside in, but there is no need to include a full home address.
Generally speaking, you want somewhere between five and eight bullet points for each job. You likely did a lot more than that at each job, but you want to narrow it down to what is most impressive. Focus on actual accomplishments rather than simply listing duties. This daycare aide resume sample includes specific details. For instance, instead of simply stating, “Conducted housekeeping duties,” the jobseeker mentions the exact duties she did.
Yes. Numbers always stand out more in a hiring manager’s mind. For example, the Summary states the applicant looks after 30 children simultaneously. This information is provided right at the top of the resume and will stand out in people’s minds.
Experiences are important, but it is also vital for jobseekers to have the right attitude when dealing with children. For starters, the applicant mentions she is empathetic within the Summary. The resume sample also includes information about how the jobseeker watches after kids and helps them when necessary. You want to do your best to make your personality shine in your resume, so include information relevant to that.
Most childcare positions simply require a person to have a high school diploma. However, it is beneficial if you have additional education to help with your career. This resume sample states the applicant has an associate’s degree, which is highly advantageous. Since this jobseeker has a college degree, there is no reason for her to explicitly state she has a high school diploma because that information is implied. Additional certification in first aid would also help greatly.