Check out this Android developer resume sample and review the tips that go along with it to better understand how resumes for this position are set up for success. Then use the information to sharpen your resume so you can more easily compete when you start responding to job descriptions.
Android Developer Resume Sample
New York, NY 11111 • [email protected] • 555-555-1515
Veteran Android developer with a series of successful app launches over the past five years. Led alpha stage development for a major mobile gaming release that reached third on the Google Play charts as a paid new app. Sensitive to problems and skilled at deducing code solutions to them.
- Proficient in C++, Python, Ruby, and Apache Hadoop programming languages
- Familiar with a variety of database solutions, including MySQL and MongoDB
- Well-versed in Ajax, Jquery, and other web platform development tools
- Instructional design skills, including written communication and visual design skills
- Strong mathematics background including statistics and calculus
- Strong customer service skills
S3 Games, New York, NY
- Oversee the progress of the development team during pre- and post-launch business cycles
- Develop processes for the assessment and patching of security problems
- Implement management-level solutions for timeline issues to ensure the programming team stays on track
- Review team code for problems and delegate solution-building to appropriate team members
- Design new solutions to code problems collaboratively with the development team
Big Bullet Games, Buffalo, NY
- Wrote code for new applications during the run-up to launch
- Debugged the code of others
- Worked collaboratively through online systems or alone as designated by the team leader
- Developed new processes to speed up security patch release times by 25%
- Oversaw the launch of three mobile gaming applications in 15 months
Corporate Mobile Solutions, Rochester, NY
- Developed custom-built corporate applications for smartphone platforms
- Wrote code for both the Android and iOS versions of the applications
- Produced security fixes and new features in line with customer requests
- Built the process for including in-app bug reporting in CMS apps from the ground up
- Delivered excellent feedback and communication to customer representatives
Atomic Code Solutions, Rochester, NY
- Produced code to fit customer requests
- Designed both stand-alone applications and new features for existing apps
- Contributed to the completion of updates and bug fixes
- Collaborated with senior programmers to solve code problems
- Reviewed and debugged code written by others.
Syracuse University of New York, Syracuse, NY
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Android Developer Resume? Let’s Check
Absolutely. The use of three-point style allows the writer to easily include information about the level of experience the candidate has, a specific accomplishment, and core skills that are exceptionally noteworthy. This is all the information you need for this section. This sample wraps it up concisely and includes specific metrics. Those metrics show the success of this prospective hire’s past endeavors.
That’s a big yes, but you might not know it unless you did a little digging yourself to see what human resources professionals are looking for when they review your resume. The important thing to remember is that it is about more than just whether the skills are there. It’s also about whether you match key terms that your reader will be looking for. Revise your list until it reflects the same kind of language you see in the ad.
Extremely relevant. This candidate has no work experience included that is not directly in the career chain for the job this resume responds to. As a result, there is no doubt that each accomplishment listed is relevant to the job the writer is seeking.
Yes. A simple review of the language used shows that the entire piece flows without a single passive statement. This streamlines the language by avoiding wordy constructions, and it does so without limiting what the writer can express in this form.
For sure, and this one is really important. If your work experience does not clearly show how some of the harder to pin down skills you possess are going to work in the workplace, then hiring managers can’t see it in the text. In this case, you can see how the depth of the writer’s programming knowledge and the collaborative and communicative skills come together in the team leadership roles included on the sample resume.