If you want to make your resume convincing, you’ll need to focus on your wording and formatting. There are certain writing techniques for resumes that can help you create a winning document that stands out from all of the rest. Your best tool to make a unique document that gets results is an example resume from your industry. Here, you can see a complete carpenter resume sample. Check out the additional writing guide for more assistance as you write this document.
Carpenter Resume Sample
Talented and knowledgeable carpenter with 10 years of experience working in residential construction. Committed to working efficiently and safely and completing projects with a team. Focus on high-quality craftsmanship and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of all OSHA safety principles
- Understanding of building, construction, and woodworking principles
- Strong skills in mathematics and measurement
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to read and work with blueprints
- Capable problem-solver
March 2014 – present
- Review blueprints and other building plans before choosing materials and tools for a project
- Frame doors, windows, and other wood pieces for residential building projects
- Build custom cabinets for more than 75 residential home building projects in multi-million dollar gated communities
- Supervise a team of construction workers while completing the framing for a home building plan
- Maintain a top safety rating of 99% and an accident-free workplace by following all required safety regulations
August 2010 – March 2014
- Installed hardwood floors and finished surfaces for more than 100 home remodeling projects per year
- Completed building projects on time in more than 90% of the assignments by following a strict schedule and staying focused
- Achieved a 95% highly satisfied customer rating from surveys filled out three months after the completion of the work
- Updated the construction supervisor on work progress daily and addressed any needed concerns or changes
- Determined the amount of hardwood required for each stage of the project and other supplies as work progressed
July 2007 – August 2010
- Repaired, refinished, and constructed kitchen and bathroom cabinets for residential homes and new construction
- Recognized as a top builder in the company due to strong work quality and customer satisfaction
- Finished projects under budget more than 75% of the time by paying careful attention to resources and monitoring waste
- Collaborated with the construction supervisor, electricians, plumbers, and other personnel during each stage of the building process
- Provided polite and informative service to customers and answered questions about the work when asked
Martin Community College, Williamston, North Carolina
High School Diploma – 2005
Johnston High School, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Carpenter Resume? Let’s Check
Yes. The resume in question gives plenty of examples of the candidate’s skills with different types of carpentry as well as building. The candidate has experience in making and installing cabinets for home kitchens and bathrooms. He also talks about working as a hardwood floor installer and gives details about what that type of work required. Additionally, the jobseeker has experience with framing out residential homes and building window and door frames.
The carpenter resume sample gives information about the candidate’s focus on working safely. He has the required “knowledge of OSHA safety principles” from his skills section. He showcases his strong safety rating from a previous job and a history of staying accident-free throughout his work. This shows he is ready to work beyond the safety standards in his next position.
Carpenters, like other workers in construction, are most valued if they have a history of top work quality. This candidate mentions his commitment to top quality in his work and lists “attention to detail” in the skills section. Customer service is another key part of working in construction. This worker has a history of providing excellent customer service, with scores of “95%” on customer satisfaction surveys from his previous place of employment.
First of all, this carpenter resume sample shows the candidate has an educational credential related to the field, which is not commonplace. The candidate also differentiates himself by pointing out company recognition as a “top builder.” He gives information about how he provides value to a company by performing work within the limits of the budget and before the due date. This shows he can be a viable team member for an organization.
The writer of this resume uses the recommended format for a professional resume and breaks up the document into several sections. He starts with a highly engaging summary statement that gives an overview of what he’s capable of. Then, he lists specific industry skills relevant to the open position and the company’s needs. His work history includes three previous jobs and uses reader-friendly bullet points to get all of the information across.