Writing a resume that stands out can be hard, but make things easier on yourself by using the yoga teacher resume sample below as inspiration. Also, read through the writing tips, which offer more helpful information you can use to craft a winning resume. With these tools, you should find it isn’t nearly as hard as you may have thought to write a polished and professional resume.
Yoga Teacher Resume Sample
Focused, dedicated, and caring yoga instructor with the ability to connect with students on a personal level to aid them in better practice. Over 20 years of experience practicing and teaching yoga to individuals and groups using different yogic schools and techniques. Dependable and committed to offering personalized attention to ensure proper form with a clear track record of safe classes for all age groups and fitness levels.
- Knowledgeable in Hatha, Yin, Venyasa, Iyengar, Kundalini, Bikram, and Ashtanga vinyasa yoga
- Personable and compassionate attitude
- Specialties in yoga for kids, seniors, and those with limitations
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy and physiology
- Expert in motivating people and driving them to a healthier lifestyle
- Superior time management skills
- Ability to create unique yoga programs and plans
- Design personal and group programs for clients, and conduct classes for all age groups from toddlers to seniors
- Focus classes on special needs of participants
- Encourage class sign ups through offering free preview classes
- Teach yoga moves and proper breathing, and instruct class participants and guide movements as needed for proper form
- Train future yoga teachers
- Increased studio’s attendance by 30%
- Created several new classes to incorporate modern twists on yoga fundamentals
- Created and led yoga classes for groups
- Taught 11 classes each day for various age groups
- Developed new yoga/dance hybrid class
- Kept records of classes and participants
- Taught dance aerobics and spin classes
- Consulted with personal trainers to schedule clients for yoga classes
- Conducted one-on-one training programs
- Greeted members and checked membership IDs
- Assisted members with using equipment properly, made suggestions on workout routines and equipment use
- Sterilized equipment after use, checked equipment for proper functioning
- Alerted maintenance to equipment issues
- Gathered dirty towels and put out clean ones, and washed and dried towels
- Arranged equipment on proper racks
- Reported issues to management
American Red Cross
Bachelor of Science in Health Science-2000
College on the Hill, TX
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Yoga Teacher Resume? Let’s Check
Nobody wants to take yoga instruction from someone who is not knowledgeable about the basics of yoga. This applicant makes it clear throughout the yoga teacher resume sample that she has extensive skills in yoga. She states she has over 20 years of experience in the professional summary, which makes it fairly clear she knows her stuff. In the skills section, she further explains her knowledge by listing the exact types of yoga she’s studied. In the education section, she explains her training and certification to show she does have the right background.
Motivating clients is essential in this type of job because unmotivated clients tend to stop attending classes, which reduces gym profits. She clearly understands this and works hard to motivate clients. At the same time, she showcases her ability to motivate without being pushy and to do it through encouragement. This is something many people expect with a yoga instructor because of the laid-back style of this type of exercise.
When writing a resume, you always need to focus on the job at hand. You should tailor each resume to the position for which you are applying. You do not want to include information that doesn’t relate to the job. The yoga teacher resume sample does a nice job of sticking to yoga and showing the applicant can do the job.
The applicant is clear in the summary, skills, and experience sections that she has worked with people of all ages. She notes her specific abilities with special groups, including children, seniors, and those with physical limitations. She projects a welcoming attitude and makes it easy to see she is willing to work with any client who wants to learn yoga.
The applicant’s attitude and demeanor seem to shine through this resume. She is upbeat, focused, and dedicated to her job. Her love of yoga is clear, and she doesn’t fail to mention that she strives for a compassionate attitude and friendly nature when working with clients.