When you write your resume, take advantage of our following writing tips. They will help you stay away from making some common mistakes and make sure you format your document so it is easy to read. The tips are also sure to keep you focused and assist in creating an exceptional document that improves your chances of receiving an invitation for an interview.
Dentist Resume Sample
Compassionate dentist with over 10 years of experience. Detail-oriented, highly organized, and great leadership skills. Strong problem-solving abilities with specific aptitudes in geriatrics dental care and cosmetic dentistry.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written skills
- Great problem solver, using ingenuity and creativity
- Works effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Organized with ability to coordinate multiple tasks and activities
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Exceedingly detail oriented
- Patient with ability to calm anxious patients
- CPR and BLS certifications
September 2009 – present
- Examine X-rays, teeth, the jaw, and gums to diagnose dental issues on an average of 30 patients per day
- Diagnose cavities and use proper equipment and materials to fix them
- Consult with patients about cosmetic concerns and recommend options such as braces, Invisalign®, dental implants, veneers, and whitening procedures
- Perform complex surgical procedures for impacted teeth, root canals, etc; administer and monitor anesthetics for more complicated procedures
- Work with other dentists in the office to improve office operations and procedures for the best patient care
- Measure and make models for dental appliances, such as dentures
March 2007 – September 2009
- Performed examinations and took X-rays on an average of 20 dental patients a day; removed decay from teeth, repaired cracked teeth, and filled cavities
- Assisted main dentist in cosmetic dentistry procedures and complex oral surgeries
- Placed whitening agents or sealants on teeth for both preventive and cosmetic reasons
- Obtained dental and health history from new and current patients; screened for oral cancer and recommended patients for maxillofacial/oral surgery
- Educated patients about preventative dental hygiene, such as flossing, brushing, and maintaining a proper diet
- Received Associate of the Year award in 2008
University of Florida Dental School
Bachelor of Arts in Biology – 2002
University of Florida
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Dentist Resume? Let’s Check
In this sample, the applicant clearly shows in the skills section she has the necessary skills a successful dentist needs. Aptitudes such as detail-oriented, problem-solving abilities, good communicator, and patience make an appearance to point out her abilities. The work experience section also lists a number of tasks and responsibilities required of a good dentist.
When listing job responsibilities, it is important to use strong verbs and metrics when possible. This resume uses words, such as “examine,” “diagnose,” “perform,” “consult,” “assisted,” and “educated,” to clearly show the hiring manager how she performed in her current and past jobs. The applicant also used numbers to demonstrate how she was successful. These phrases include “20 dental patients,” “30 patients per day,” and “Associate of the Year award in 2008.”
Absolutely. While the education section should be short and concise, this one also includes all the necessary information to demonstrate the required education necessary for a dentist. Listing the associate dentist information also shows the applicant had applicable training from a senior dentist.
Hiring managers typically do not spend much more than a few seconds glancing over a resume, so the jobseeker needs to grab their attention right away. The Summary of this dentist resume sample takes only three statements to point out the most important aptitudes so the hiring manager will continue to read the rest of the document. Typically, a strong summary statement includes a few hard and soft skills, an overview of experience, and a sense of personality.
This resume sample is a great example of how an effective resume should look. It is neatly broken down into the important sections for organization. The bullet points used in the skills and work experience sections keep the information easy and quick to read. A good number of listed skills range from six to eight, and five to seven work experiences for each position is the right amount to cover the breadth of experience without overloading the reader.