As you consider how to design the best resume for your job search, use our senior product manager resume sample and the helpful tips we’ve provided. These resources can aid you in writing each section of your resume and keep you from making common mistakes. Putting effort into creating an outstanding resume by using our professional guide can make you more appealing to hiring managers and allow you to land an interview more quickly.
Senior Product Manager Resume Sample
• Current product manager at General Electric
• Background in program management and previous experience with product life-cycle management
• Hard working and results-driven with a passion for success
- Adept at using Agile framework
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Able to think creatively and solve complex problems
- Outstanding knowledge of software development strategies
- Superior ability to lead and drive a team to excellence
- Excel at adapting computer science theories to reduce costs and increase profits
General Electric, Louisville, KY
- Create and implement strategies for different products to ensure superior-quality products, increase customer satisfaction, drive sales, and achieve company goals
- Record and assess input from consumers, team members, and stakeholders to improve products and processes
- Expanded the company client base by 15%
- Follow up with additional contacts regularly
- Collaborate with team members to resolve any unforeseen issues and ensure products launch correctly and as scheduled
- Recommend ways to expand the product base and confer with management to propose new ideas
Skookum, Charlotte, NC
- Translated client needs into user flows, stories, and feature maps to improve products and generate more positive client feedback
- Educated clients on the features and benefits of the company’s software development life cycle
- Increased the company client base by 20%
- Conducted interviews with previous customers to ascertain why they no longer used company software and inform them of updates and improvements to attempt to earn back their business
- Decreased client exit rates by 30%
MasTech Digital, Pittsburg, PA
- Recommended software upgrades to improve clients’ current programs and encourage their continued business
- Increased client satisfaction with company software by 25%
- Created models and flowcharts to assist programmers with writing code and help make products more beneficial for the clients
- Decreased coding time of company programmers by 15%
- Documented each step of applications and systems for future reference during routine maintenance and necessary updates
Chatham University, Pittsburg, PA
Bachelor of Science, Engineering, May 2007
Chatham University, Pittsburg, PA
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Senior Product Manager Resume? Let’s Check
Certainly. While you may have many skills, it is important to limit your list to only those that are relevant to the position. This shows hiring managers that you understand the requirements for being successful at this job and will entice them to continue reading your resume. Keeping your list concise also demonstrates your ability to effectively communicate and produce professional material.
By detailing the specific ways she has made improvements in all of the previous positions listed, the jobseeker makes it clear she is well aware of the areas that will require more concentration and focus. It is important to include numerical data if possible when mentioning your accomplishments, as hiring managers in the technology industry readily understand and appreciate information in this format.
Definitely. Because this section is so brief, it is crucial to make each statement as strong and impactful as possible. Listing specialized, desired background experience immediately alerts the reader to the value of this candidate. The resume also includes character traits employers desire, which demonstrates that this applicant understands and values these qualities and will most likely abide by them.
The jobseeker mentions her leadership qualities in every section of the resume. She starts by mentioning she is results-driven in the summary section, and includes in her skills section that she can drive a team to excellence. She also demonstrated throughout the work experience section that she thrives on positive, effective performance and works well with others.
The writer has done an excellent job of proving her success in terms of product quality and customer satisfaction. Throughout the work experience section, she specifically lists the positive results she achieved in her product design and the ways her assistance led to success for each of her former employers. This is a phenomenal indicator that she could achieve similar results in her new position.