A managerial-level candidate often has extensive experience and professional education. This sample shows how an applicant for this senior position might approach writing a summary statement, skills list, and sections devoted to work experience and education. Use this document for planning your own resume or checking for completeness. You may also find our career-specific discussion of best writing practices to be helpful. Taken together, these resources can help you write a resume that shows all of your top qualifications for a business development manager position.
Business Development Manager Resume Sample
Business development manager with more than eight years of specialization in growth strategies. Worked on staff at two virtual reality and 3D technology startups and for a regional business incubator. Excel at guiding startups through funding rounds and attracting investment and support.
- Startup funding
- Market analysis
- Profitability models
- Assessing business plans
- Achieving strategic goals
- Supply chain management
- Stakeholder relations
- Delivering presentations
Optic Orange, Orlando, FL
- Join staff at virtual reality hardware startup to investigate ways to increase development funding and stimulate market for products
- Guide company through two funding rounds, ultimately achieving a valuation of $4 million
- Identify limitations in business model and increase profitability forecast by 60% by focusing on attraction and entertainment applications in addition to consumer market
- Double production capacity within two years through supply chain negotiations
TechFundr, Orlando, FL
- Consulted 30 Florida tech companies and startups involved in a technological incubator program on development and funding options
- Reviewed client materials used in pitching companies and products to investors and suggested strategic improvements that attracted a total of $25 million in capital
- Assessed viability of research and development pipeline and likelihood that products would reach market in expected timeframe and at projected cost
- Achieved on-time product releases for 85% of companies in development cycle and shortened development timelines for 75% of clients in earlier stages
3D Interactive, Jacksonville, FL
- Analyzed market and identified 10 major attraction and entertainment companies to pitch 3D hardware products in addition to consumer market
- Delivered pitches and succeeded in attracting six new large clients, which improved profitability forecast by more than 50%
- Pursued investors for large-scale product development and achieved a valuation of $8 million
- Submitted weekly progress reports on company development and growth to employees, stakeholders, and corporate customers
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Management – 2007
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Minor in Computer Science
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
• Florida Technology Council
• Florida High Tech Corridor Council
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Accounting Clerk Resume? Let’s Check
Yes, it is. The candidate keeps his summary statement and skills section short and to the point. He presents his work experience in reverse chronological order so that his current position appears first and his previous roles appear in order of recentness. He organizes his education section in the same order, so that his most advanced credential – a master’s in business administration – precedes his bachelor’s degree. He draws his resume to a close with a few professional affiliations.
Yes, this summary previews all of the sections in the business development manager resume sample. The candidate brings up the fact that he fills a managerial role and has more than eight years of business development experience. He also covers the types of companies where he has worked and his expertise in guiding businesses through funding rounds.
All of the skills listed are relevant for a business development manager. The candidate prioritizes his strongest abilities, which may be relevant for the position he is seeking. He moves on to more general business development skills before concluding with broad professional competencies.
Yes, it does. The candidate is currently employed as a business development manager at a tech startup, where he has already guided the company through two successful rounds of funding, increased its anticipated profitability, and doubled production capacity. He came to this position after working at a business incubator. His achievements as a consultant, including attracting $25 million in capital toward client companies, paved the way toward a managerial role. This candidate described in this resume sample is likely to succeed in another managerial position.
Yes. The candidate indicates that he has a master’s and a bachelor’s degree in business administration with foci in strategy and management. His education aligns directly with a business development manager position, and his minor in computer science grants him insight into his work with technology startups.