When creating your own professional document, make sure to use industry-related terms and reference the job description to include related requirements in your resume. Along with the sample, we will discuss some of the standout portions so you can compare your resume and tweak it if necessary. Taking the time to compose an engaging resume improves your chances of getting an interview.
Car Sales Resume Sample
Persistent professional with over 10 years’ experience in the car sales industry. Friendly and outgoing with excellent interpersonal skills. Strong persuasive skills with ability to listen to the needs and wants of the customer.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent selling ability
- Persistent and highly motivated
- Very positive attitude with go-getter mentality
- Friendly and outgoing
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Fluent in Spanish
January 2016 – present
- Train and supervise a sales team of 10, recommend sales strategies, and work with each individually to improve closing abilities
- Review sales statistics and develop strategies to plan more effectively and improve sales; increased sales and profits of business by 20% in 2016
- Assist sales team with completing and processing sales
- Manage schedules according to employees’ availability and needs of the dealership
- Manage inventory of pre-owned vehicles
March 2012 – January 2016
- Used advanced sales and closing techniques to sell an average of 30 cars per month
- Trained on a regular basis to learn about new automobile benefits and features
- Explained in understandable terms the car-buying process, finance options, provisions, and warranty information, and answered all client questions
- Compared and contrasted various vehicle models and matched them with the needs and interests of customers
- Developed customer follow-up program to encourage referrals, and increased repeat business by 20%
August 2007 – March 2012
- Approached customers and assisted them with their car buying needs; helped an average of 10 customers per day
- Followed up with leads and participated in marketing events to reach more potential customers
- Demonstrated features and accompanied customers on test drives
- Helped clients understand the operating features of the vehicles, any relevant warranties, and sales paperwork
- Worked with sales manager to set sales objectives and improve selling techniques; increased sales by 5% every three months
Training in sales, closing, and overcoming objections – 2014 and 2015
High School Diploma
Cincinnati South High School
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Car Sales Resume? Let’s Check
Yes, it does. Hiring managers don’t spend very much time looking over each resume, so it is important to include the most important information at the very beginning. The objective of the professional summary is to outline the most relevant skills and experience immediately in a concise manner. In this sample, the summary points out skills such as persistent, friendly, outgoing, interpersonal, and persuasive, as well as the fact he has over 10 years of experience in the industry.
The skills section of this car sales resume sample concisely lists many of the skills and aptitudes that someone in car sales needs to have to succeed. Skills such as communication, selling, outgoing, motivated, and customer service are all important traits. Listing a second language also helps the applicant stand out over other candidates.
In this car sales resume sample, the work experience section shows future employers the exact responsibilities the applicant has had and how he achieved specific successes. This is best done using numbers, which gives hiring managers a really good picture of how the jobseeker brings value. Pointing out things such as sales team of 10, increasing profits by 20%, selling 30 cars, 20% repeat business, and 5% sales increase is an effective way to point out achievements.
Yes. A job in car sales does not always call for a college degree, so it is not important to add it in this section. However, listing additional trainings and seminars is extremely relevant for a sales position, and it may give the candidate a competitive edge over other applicants. Only list a high school diploma if there is no college degree, and a date is not necessary if it was awhile ago.
Making sure your resume is easy to read in a short amount of time is very important, and this one is. Using bullet points to list skills and work experiences help keep the sections concise and quick to scan over. Also, limit the amount of responsibilities per position to fewer than six so you don’t overwhelm the reader.