Notice how our example is clearly divided into sections that use short, precise statements for the strongest effect. We also share with you ideas about what to include in your resume, such as work experience and skills. Our specific writing tips give further advice on how to make this document easily read and understood by your future employer. With this sample, some hard work, and a bit of brain power on your part, you can have a winning resume.
Bus Driver Resume Sample
Warm-hearted and compassionate bus driver of tour and chartered buses for senior groups. Works hard to ensure passengers enjoy their trip and are comfortable at all times. Excellent driving skills with an outstanding safety history that includes a state commendation for a superlative driving record.
- Commercial Driver’s License with valid Passenger and Airbrake Endorsements
- Able to pass all background checks, drug screenings, and child abuse background screenings
- Competent cleaning and maintenance of both interior and exterior of bus
- Excellent record keeping
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and appropriate safety protocols
- Defensive driving skills, with outstanding safety awareness and service record
- Great communicator, enjoys interacting with the public
- Current DOT medical card
Panda Bus, Clovis, NM
- Pick up, transport, and drop off passengers in a timely manner on a prescribed route
- Perform a pre-trip bus inspection and post-trip inspection for each excursion according to federal guidelines
- Assist disabled passengers who may need help getting on or off the bus in compliance with ADA regulations
- Maintain monthly repair records and trip logs
- Operate the bus in a safe manner at all times
- Received special state commendation for 100,000 miles driven with no accidents or traffic citations
- Transport over 2,300 passengers since the beginning of employment
Peter Pan Bus Lines, Alamogordo, NM
- Provided a safe and positive experience for customers
- Transported passengers over a specified route to distant points
- Collected fares, assisted passengers on and off the coach, stowed luggage, made announcements over coach PA system
- Performed basic and routine coach cleanings and maintenance
- Received Top Driver award in 2012 for highest rated customer service
Volunteer Driver, January 2012 – present
* Serve as an in-country medical evacuation driver four weeks each year
* Provide safe transport for over 120 refugees
* Help medical personnel evacuate from dangerous areas
St. Jude Hospital, Clovis, NM
Volunteer Patient Reader, July 2008 – August 2011
* Assisted in the pediatrics wing by reading to children
* Organized a library of appropriate children’s books
Clovis Community College, NM
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Accounting Clerk Resume? Let’s Check
The candidate did a great job of sticking to pertinent work history. She had two previous bus driver positions, which she listed. She did not include any college jobs or part-time additional jobs that are not transportation related. It’s important she market herself as the perfect bus driver and not allow other items to clutter the landscape.
This candidate does not have a lot of previous work experience in the transportation industry, so she can round out her resume with volunteer work. Her volunteer work is of interest to employers because it shows she is compassionate and enjoys helping others. Her work with Doctors Without Borders, in particular, indicates she is willing to take some risk to assist those in dire need, and that she must have truly impressive driving skills. Employers are always happy to see resumes that show a bit of humanity and caring.
Absolutely. The skills section of this resume tells employers the jobseeker has the necessary license, endorsements, and medical card to do the work. These are basic requirements all bus drivers need. In addition, the candidate has good driving skills, cleaning skills, and record keeping ability. She also has the people skills that make a long bus trip more pleasant for the passengers.
The summary of this document tells future employers exactly what they want to know right up front, mainly that this candidate is warm and friendly. She cares for her passengers and enjoys helping them. For every company, customer satisfaction is the bottom line, and it looks like this candidate delivers. She also mentions important hard skills, mainly her excellent driving abilities and safety record. Hiring managers want to interview well-rounded jobseekers such as she.
Yes. This is a beautiful, tidy document with impeccable layout. Notice the bold section headers and bulleted statements. In the work experience section, each statement starts with a verb, which lends clarity and a little punch of excitement to the resume.