A career in highway maintenance requires a lot of physical labor and the ability to work under pressure. Whether you're patching broken pavement, putting up guard rails, or clearing downed trees after a storm, you're expected to be on-site and ready to work. Your professional document must address these abilities and convince hiring managers that you have what it takes to get the job done.
Use successful highway maintenance resume templates as a roadmap for laying out your skills, accomplishments, and work experience. Get additional help from successful industry contributors for a resume that clears the way to interviews.
Free Construction Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional construction resumes.
How To Mention Your Highway Maintenance Experience
The way you present your on-the-job experiences, your training, and professional skills is as important as what you choose to include on your resume. This means you need to know which words are the most effective and how to utilize the same language you see in job advertisements. Our highway maintenance resume templates show you how to accomplish these goals.
• Operate heavy equipment and trucks on highways, rough terrain, and city streets; use portable power tools; maintain and store equipment
• Cooperate with crew on assigned projects, taking lead when assigned and monitoring quality and completion of tasks
• Adhere to traffic laws and safety regulations, installing street and traffic control signs, placing cones, and monitoring flow of traffic
• Read and understand written directions and sketches; maintain records such as time cards and project documentation
• Clear out storm drains, clean drainage ditches, empty and clear culverts; use chemicals and similar supplies according to established regulations
Highway Maintenance Resume Tips
After getting the basics of your resume down with our highway maintenance resume templates as guides, you can strengthen the impact of your document with the following tips. Use the suggestions to write a document that impresses recruiters with changes in word choice and specific examples.
1. Personalize Your Highway Maintenance Resume: Tailor each resume you write to fit the specific needs of the job listings. Look for words or phrases repeated throughout the listing and include those, as written, in your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Include a brief paragraph or bulleted section at the beginning of your resume to grab the attention of recruiters. This summary statement must present your best skills and show why you're a perfect match for the position.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: You've probably had plenty of interesting experiences while on the job. Choose those stories that display your ability to stay calm under pressure and boost the impact of skills and achievements with specific numbers and scenarios.
Highway Maintenance Resume Templates
Our collection of highway maintenance resume templates includes successful resumes from real-world highway workers. Read through these examples as a guide for creating a resume that impresses hiring managers. Use resources, such as the resume builder from our professional partners. Take advantage of expert-written descriptions and section-by-section pointers for a resume that shines.
- Highway Maintenance Example 1
Civil Engineer Tech – Basic – ( August 2013 – Present) New Mexico Department of Transportation, Milan, New Mexico (USA) Occupation Description Apply theory and principles of civil engineering in planning, designing an... more 2
- Highway Maintenance Example 2
xhony guez Work historyCashier / Stocking, September 2012 – February 2013 Dollar General , Spartanburg, SOUTH CAROLINA Stocking inventory was my main job duty, however I was trained to help operate cash registers when needed. I was r... more 3
- Highway Maintenance Example 3
xvor xson Work HistoryDietary Aide – Orchard Manor June, 2016 – Current // Lancaster () ?? Prepare and serve nutritious meals and snacks to patients, staff and visitors ?? Assist cooks and operate required tools to accomplish s... more 4
- Highway Maintenance Example 4
Plant Operator- Manager – ( 10/01/2012 – Present) Montague Farms Inc., Center Cross, VA (United States) Manage daily operation of processing plant. Responsible for loading and shipping of product to customers, keep records ... more 5
- Highway Maintenance Example 5
Capitol Management, Leesburg, VA 08/2009 – 12/2014 : Inspector Inspector: 495 toll road and 95 toll road in Virginia and 11th street bridge in Washington D.C. Managed work with little supervision. Inspected road and bridge projec... more 6
- Highway Maintenance Example 6
Construction Worker – ( 2002 – 2014) William J. Dyer Incorporated and Sons, Mechanicville, NY (United States) Performed general laborer work such as placing concrete and installing formwork. Shoveled, raked and leveled asph... more 7
- Highway Maintenance Example 7
d – 3 yearsTruck & Trailer Hauling, Experienced – 4 yearsInbound/Outbound Freight Procedures, Experienced – 2 yearsForklift, Experienced – 2 yearsHigh Loader, Experienced – 2 yearsPaver... more 8
- Highway Maintenance Example 8
Equipment Operator – ( December 2014 – September 2015) A K Gillis, Sulphur Springs, Texas (USA) Informed about deficiencies in safety practices and equipment to the construction foreman. Maintained company vehicles and equi... more 9
- Highway Maintenance Example 9
Donald Bowling Objective To obtain a job in highway maintenance. Education and TrainingChippewa High School – 1978 Doylestown , Ohio, United States of America General, General Studies High School DiplomaReferences Jamie Bradley ... more 10
- Highway Maintenance Example 10
ic ndez Education and Training Los Angeles Trade Technical College, April 2009 – July 2009, Los AngelesCalifornia, United States of America Construction, Certificate Participated in the Utilities and Construction Preparation Prog... more