Roofers install, repair, and maintain roofs on both commercial and residential properties. As a roofer, your resume needs to demonstrate that you have experience working with all kinds of roofs, big and small, and that you're not afraid of a challenge.
Take a look at some of our roofer resume templates to determine what your document should look like after you're done drafting and what type of information you should add. With a few careful edits and assistance from some of our professional contributors, you'll have an exceptional resume in your hands within a matter of minutes.
Free Construction Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional construction resumes.
How To Mention Your Roofer Experience
A roofer may handle construction jobs either independently or as part of a team, so you have to possess the ability to work by yourself and with others. As you showcase your experience on your resume, use strong action verbs and reflect the language used in the job ad to show employers that you're the best fit for the position. Our roofer resume templates can also help you accomplish this.
• Properly align roof materials on new structures using alternating layers of asphalt or tar
• Measure structures and buildings accurately to determine the correct quantities of roofing materials to order
• Use the proper tools to safely apply new roofing materials according to customers’ request
• Offer quality assurance on job sites and make sure all phases of roofing projects go according to plan
• Maintain a safe work environment and follow industry-accepted practices for installing new roofs
Roofer Resume Tips
Having a stellar resume to submit to employers is critical as you get started with your upcoming job hunt. In addition to carefully reviewing our roofer resume templates, there are several other guidelines you should follow, so you can create a resume that sets you apart from your competition.
1. Personalize Your Roofer Resume: You should customize your resume based on every new job you apply for. This means you need to carefully review the job requirements listed in every new posting.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Within just a few seconds you can convince employers to either put your document down or keep reading. Make sure your summary statement includes information about your most impressive professional accomplishments.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Employers want to know exactly who you are and what you can do for them. Include specific examples and experiences that emphasize your most important skills and set you apart as the ideal candidate.
Roofer Resume Templates
Our network of professional users have added examples to our selection of roofer resume templates, and they are available for your review as you start drafting your own professional document. You can also try out our resume builder if you need additional assistance putting together an impressive document that helps you get the job.
- Roofer Example 1
Roof Laborer – ( August 2012 – Present) Harry and Sons, Hyattsville, Maryland Informed about deficiencies in safety practices and equipment to the construction foreman. Maintained company vehicles and equipment safety. Per... more 2
- Roofer Example 2
Jerry Frazier Objective To find a career in the construction industry with a good company. Technical skills Roofing, Foreman, 3 yearsRoofing, Laborer, 7 yearsSnow Removal, Operate Snow Blower and Shovel, 3 yearsLarge Trucks and Box Van... more 3
- Roofer Example 3
Produce Associate – ( 5/2011 – Present) Marketplace Food & Drug, Minot, ND Prepared dough and batters to make different kind of bread and other recipes. Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equip... more 4
- Roofer Example 4
Independently Contracted, Fallbrook, CA Roofer , 8/1/2015 – Current Performed general laborer work such as placing concrete and installing formwork. Shoveled, raked and leveled asphalt. Cleaned tools and equipment after each work ... more 5
- Roofer Example 5
hn michael va Personal informationI am a hardworking, self-motivated, responsible, and honest young man. My goal is to save money to continue my college education.EducationChandler High School, 2012 Chandler, AZ, USA N/A, High School D... more 6
- Roofer Example 6
Foreman – ( 4/1/2008 – 6/5/2013) Buckmiller construction, brewster, ma (usa) Informed about deficiencies in safety practices and equipment to the construction foreman. Maintained company vehicles and equipment safety. Inser... more 7
- Roofer Example 7
Roofer Foreman – ( 2005 – 2010) Perfection Construction, Albany, New York (USA) Processed Quotes Roof preparation Roof application Labor/cleanup Oversee staffManager – ( 2003 – 2005) Mobil, Albany, New Yor... more 8
- Roofer Example 8
General Worker – ( Jan 2012- – Dec 2012) Top it Exterior, Elgin, Illinois (United States) Cleaned tools and equipment after each work day.I installed the Shingles and took them off .Also did a variety of other work. Maintai... more 9
- Roofer Example 9
Safety Officer – ( Aug2013 – June2014) 1012st, El Paso, Tx Informed about deficiencies in safety practices and equipment to the construction foreman. Performed general laborer work such as placing concrete and installing f... more 10
- Roofer Example 10
Zak Ward Certifications cert 1 general construction working safely at heights white card Education and TrainingParalowie R-12 – 12 Paralowie, SA, Australia high school, cert High School Diploma Certificate in Construction Trades. Whi... more