A great resume is the backbone of the case you make of your professional value to potential employers. Our legal assistant resume templates show you how to present your most marketable skills and experience to prove how much of an asset you would be to the law firm of your choice.
Use our resume builder to structure the main sections of your first draft. We provide examples, tools, and advice from real-world professionals that can help you edit your document before submitting it to recruiters. We help you improve your resume as well as your chances of getting the job.
Free Legal Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional legal resumes.
How To Mention Your Legal Assistant Experience
Every legal assistant job description indicates the characteristics that would make a candidate ideal for this valuable support staff position. Using action words and mimicking the content of the posting for the specific position you desire is key to getting that job. Examples from our library of legal assistant resume templates show how to list your experience:
• Draft legal notices, documents, filings and letters to assist with casework for the legal team
• Research precedents and case studies to provide concise summaries that are relevant to current trials
• Manage office by filing paperwork, exhibiting mastery of document-production software, scheduling appointments and setting up necessary meeting tools
• Operate as the first contact for the attorney or legal team and deliver standard correspondence to clients
• Oversee office processes and procedures, suggest improvements to decision makers, and implement changes as directed
Legal Assistant Resume Tips
The document you submit to recruiters should showcase your best skills and match you with the job description. Our legal assistant resume templates give examples of how it should look, but these tips for writing a resume help you customize the final draft so that it reads like the job posting.
1. Personalize Your Legal Assistant Resume: Every resume you send should specifically mirror the description of the job you seek. Pick out keywords, particularly from the required qualifications section, and place them strategically throughout your document.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: An objective statement focuses on your ambition, but a well-written summary tells employers how you can help them now. Point out your greatest assets at the top of your document.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Anyone can list generic job duties. The way you set yourself apart is by using specific accomplishments, such as designing an innovative filing system, to prove yourself the best candidate.
Legal Assistant Resume Templates
Our legal assistant resume templates show you how your submission should look. Written by real jobseekers, they can inspire the creation of your own job-winning document.
The resume builder at My Perfect Resume walks you through the process of drafting your document. Follow our tips to perfect it.
- Legal Assistant Example 1
President of the Tri-M Honor Society Chapter (September 2014 – June 2015)CSIHSIS, Staten Island, New York, United States President of my high school’s chapter of the Tri-M Music Honor Society. This role included creating a... more 2
- Legal Assistant Example 2
Legal Assistant – ( 9/2012 – 5/2013) Brookfield Office Properties Inc., New York, NY (United States) Prepare and maintain Board materials for three public companies and post them to the internal workspace. Prepare,distribut... more 3
- Legal Assistant Example 3
Deputy Court Clerk – ( June 2011 – Present) Pearl River County Chancery Clerk’s Office, Poplarville, MS (United States) Serve as Clerk of Court independently and in conjunction with Chancery Clerk Facilitate Court Ord... more 4
- Legal Assistant Example 4
Lawyer – Teleki and Gibin Company – (=/-) -, Bangkok, Thailand –Special Experience commited ALSA Member – – – (-/-) -, -, – –I was participated in Moot court – – –... more 5
- Legal Assistant Example 5
Goldman & Goldman, P.C., Legal Assistant, 11/2007 – 06/2015 1575 W. Ina Rd., Tucson, Az. 85704, USADr. Michael Goldman, Orthodontist, Front Desk, 12/2007 – 12/2014 1603 W. Ina Rd., Tucson, Az. 85704, USANorthrop Gru... more 6
- Legal Assistant Example 6
Legal Assistant – ( 11/2007 – 06/2015 ) Goldman & Goldman, PC, 1575 W. Ina Rd., Tucson, Az. 85704 (USA) Prepared a wide variety of employment-based and family-based immigration documents, including H-1B, O-1, L-1A, L-... more 7
- Legal Assistant Example 7
Paralegal (12/2009 – 11/2010) Law Offices of David J. Stern, Plantation, Florida, USA Supported the rights of people implicated in legal procedures. Oversaw legal actions. Prepared pleadings and hearing folders for attorneys. Upd... more 8
- Legal Assistant Example 8
NIkole Isom EducationGrossmont High School – 2015 La Mesa, Ca, United States General Education, High School Diploma 4.0 GPA Principal’s Commendation Academic Achievement Award Head Photographer and Editor of Yearbook class Member... more 9
- Legal Assistant Example 9
gan hl Education University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, 2016 (Oshkosh, WI – United States) Communications/Political Science – Bachelor of Arts -Courses in multiple areas of Communication -Courses in law and policy Work history 911 Disp... more 10
- Legal Assistant Example 10
MAUREEN KANYINGI EducationUniversity of Kent, 2015 Brussels, Belgium, Belgium International law, LLM, International Law with International Relations LLM, International Law with International RelationsKenya School of Law, 2014 Nairobi, keny... more