A legal secretary uses finely tuned organizational skills to keep law offices in order. Our legal secretary resume templates give examples of how to present those skills in the best light. A great resume lets recruiters know that you have the necessary skills and experience to be the best candidate for the job by making your best assets the focal point of the document.
We offer tips from real-world professionals and tools to help you build your resume step by step. By using these tools to customize your final draft, you can be confident in the document you submit to prospective employers.
Free Legal Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional legal resumes.
How To Mention Your Legal Secretary Experience
When people walk into a law office, the legal secretary is likely the first person they see. Legal secretaries perform the same basic functions as traditional secretaries. In addition to these tasks, they produce legal documents, communicate with legal clients, and assist with research. Our legal secretary resume templates model how to use action words and mirror specific skills mentioned in job postings to present your experience:
• Manage a multi-line telephone system efficiently by prioritizing and answering calls in a timely manner
• Oversee schedule by making appointments, securing travel arrangements, and providing reminders to relevant parties
• Deliver legal documents, invoices, and other communications to both clients and legal staff via the appropriate channels
• Prepare, edit, process, copy, and file legal documentation to ensure accurate communication and record keeping
• Conduct minor legal research, such as database searches and publication reviews, to support the legal team’s casework
Legal Secretary Resume Tips
You can find professional, real-world examples of legal secretary resume templates to help you put together a working draft of your qualifications. You should tweak each resume you submit, however, to reflect the specific job for which you are applying by following these tips:
1. Personalize Your Legal Secretary Resume:
When you are searching for jobs, it's tempting to submit the same resume for every posting. Instead, match your document to each job description by placing the keywords found in the description throughout the page.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement:
Legal secretary jobs are in high demand, so there are likely many candidates applying for the position you desire. Your summary statement should grab the attention of recruiters by featuring your most impressive qualifications.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences:
Your accomplishments are what make you unique. List your experience in terms of specific examples that show you are the best person for the job, and your resume is more likely to set you apart.