A legal secretary uses finely tuned organizational skills to keep law offices in order. Our legal secretary resume templates give examples of how to present those skills in the best light. A great resume lets recruiters know that you have the necessary skills and experience to be the best candidate for the job by making your best assets the focal point of the document.
We offer tips from real-world professionals and tools to help you build your resume step by step. By using these tools to customize your final draft, you can be confident in the document you submit to prospective employers.
Free Legal Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional legal resumes.
How To Mention Your Legal Secretary Experience
When people walk into a law office, the legal secretary is likely the first person they see. Legal secretaries perform the same basic functions as traditional secretaries. In addition to these tasks, they produce legal documents, communicate with legal clients, and assist with research. Our legal secretary resume templates model how to use action words and mirror specific skills mentioned in job postings to present your experience:
• Manage a multi-line telephone system efficiently by prioritizing and answering calls in a timely manner
• Oversee schedule by making appointments, securing travel arrangements, and providing reminders to relevant parties
• Deliver legal documents, invoices, and other communications to both clients and legal staff via the appropriate channels
• Prepare, edit, process, copy, and file legal documentation to ensure accurate communication and record keeping
• Conduct minor legal research, such as database searches and publication reviews, to support the legal team’s casework
Legal Secretary Resume Tips
You can find professional, real-world examples of legal secretary resume templates to help you put together a working draft of your qualifications. You should tweak each resume you submit, however, to reflect the specific job for which you are applying by following these tips:
1. Personalize Your Legal Secretary Resume: When you are searching for jobs, it's tempting to submit the same resume for every posting. Instead, match your document to each job description by placing the keywords found in the description throughout the page.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Legal secretary jobs are in high demand, so there are likely many candidates applying for the position you desire. Your summary statement should grab the attention of recruiters by featuring your most impressive qualifications.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Your accomplishments are what make you unique. List your experience in terms of specific examples that show you are the best person for the job, and your resume is more likely to set you apart.
Legal Secretary Resume Templates
Our collection of legal secretary resume templates helps you find inspiration for your own document. Start with these examples to build a stellar resume.
The resume builder at My Perfect Resume can help, too. Use our tools and real-world tips from actual jobseekers to take the next step in your career.
- Legal Secretary Example 1
Medical Biller/Recieptiest (March 8, 2007 – Present )Primary Care, Mio , MI Distributed mail and internal correspondence. 8 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Physician based coding and billing Maintains patient c... more 2
- Legal Secretary Example 2
Parts Driver/Parts Sales – Advance Auto Parts 05/2015 – 12/2015 // Williamstown (United States) Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and planned sales campaigns to achieve the company objective... more 3
- Legal Secretary Example 3
Shipping Consultant – ( September 2013 – Present) Oceane Cargo Link , Forest Park, GA Entering data into U.S. customs database, Organizing files, Preparing documentation for international shipping, Customer service, Ensuri... more 4
- Legal Secretary Example 4
Legal Secretary – ( August 2014 – currently working at Law Office) Law Office of Onzlee Ware, Roanoke, VA (City) Same as above.Legal Secretary – ( July 1995 – December 2013) Law Office of Rena G. Berry, Roa... more 5
- Legal Secretary Example 5
April 2014 – present / Rode Law Firm, Tulsa, OK Legal Secretary Drafted letters, pleadings, and written discovery; Ordered medical bills and records for personal injury and medical malpractice cases; Maintained physical and server f... more 6
- Legal Secretary Example 6
Caseworker, April 2003 – November 2007 Perry County Child Support, Hazard, Ky, USA Responsible for 2500 cases to ensure that the proper actions were being taken to collect and enforce child support orders that were issued by the Pe... more 7
- Legal Secretary Example 7
ong xo Awards 1st prize in Malaysia’s Math Talent. ( team work) Top 10 in Ringing the Golden Bell (individual) 2nd prize in Teenager Tennis Competition by PetroVietNan Southern Gas Company. Consolation prize in tennis contest by the tennis... more 8
- Legal Secretary Example 8
than xris Education Tulsa Community College, 2014, TulsaOklahoma, United States Paralegal , Associates Associate of Applied Science in Paralegal StudiesMilitary experience Infantryman (August 2007 – July 2011)United States... more 9
- Legal Secretary Example 9
Legal Assistant (Nov 2012 – Feb 2013) HC. Nainggolan, S.H LAW FIRM, Bandung, West Java, IndonesiaLicenses Advocate License Languages Bahasa Indonesia, ***** English, **** Regional Language, ***** Interests Chess ... more 10
- Legal Secretary Example 10
Pilot Flying J, mahwah, nj Cashier, November 16 2012 – June 9th 2013ma Represented the company interests. Offered my expertise on dispute resolution, and settlement strategy. Protected the best interest of the company. Portobello... more