You may know that you are a perfect fit for a new paralegal position, but usually, employers need convincing. If your resume does not reflect your ability to work quickly and maintain high standards when performing all duties of the job, you may not get the chance to even interview.
Do you want to write a professional resume? Learn how to discuss your past experience, and find out what steps to take to strengthen your text. Then, take a look at one of our many paralegal resume templates for an outstanding visual example from an actual professional similar to you.
Free Legal Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional legal resumes.
How To Mention Your Paralegal Experience
Some of the most important information you put on your resume is your work experience, so it is vital to express it in a way that will stand out to hiring managers. Make sure you use language from the job posting, as well as strong action words. For help with this, look at our paralegal resume templates and the following descriptions:
• Work with lawyers in organizing case exhibits and other evidence to prepare for upcoming trials
• Handle majority of correspondence with clients, answering telephone calls, drafting mailings, responding to emails, and setting up meetings
• Assist in the preparation of official documents such as pleadings, contracts, affidavits, appeals, and briefs
• Research public records, state and federal laws, statutes, codes, and legal documents to compile arguments for clients' cases
• Update and maintain client records, schedules of trials and settlements, and the law firm's master calendar
Paralegal Resume Tips
Even if you have relevant experience and exemplary skill sets, you may compete with candidates who have similar qualifications. That's why you need a resume that is unique and attention-grabbing, similar to our paralegal resume templates. The following three steps are simple to follow and can help make your document memorable.
1. Personalize Your Paralegal Resume: Your resume must show that you are the right one for the job. Make sure it contains the same proficiencies and industry keywords that you find in the description of the position you want.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You want to impress hiring managers from the start. Your summary statement should consist of a few bullet points or sentences that describe your most relevant skills, personality traits, experiences, and accomplishments.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Provide specific examples that show what you can do as a paralegal. Write stories of helping lawyers win cases or new clients and other times in which you excelled in your prior roles.
Paralegal Resume Templates
With the help of these resume-writing tips and our real-world paralegal resume templates, you can create a document that presents your qualifications in the best way possible. Do you want to save even more time as you write? Consider using the section-by-section assistance of a resume builder from My Perfect Resume.
- Paralegal Example 1
Paralegal (Oct. 2010 – Present)Princeton Commerical Holding LLC, Willisville, IL, USA Supported the rights of people implicated in legal procedures.Paralegal (Nov. 2013 – Present)Foreclosure Liasion filing BK for cli... more 2
- Paralegal Example 2
Jordan Smallwood Objective To obtain knowledge and experience in the legal world and office world. EducationRockford Career College – 2016 Rockford, Illinois, United States Paralegal, AAS LexisNexis, Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, R... more 3
- Paralegal Example 3
Kaitlyn Gates – My Own As you can see I have no experience. I’ve been thinking about becoming a paralegal for awhile now. I’m willing to work hard and whatever hours needed. This would be a great opportunity for me and I̵... more 4
- Paralegal Example 4
Alan Holt PA, Daytona Beach, Florida 09/01/2009 – 03/01/2010 : Legal Intern Answered multi line telephones and directed telephone calls. Performed secretarial duties included but not limited to sorting mail, greeting clients, settin... more 5
- Paralegal Example 5
Tiffany Bullard EducationSoutheast Arkansas College – 2013 Pine Bluff, AR, USA Paralegal, Associates Received an Associates Degree in Paralegal Studies.Dollarway High School – 2003 Pine Bluff, AR, USA General Studies, Dipl... more 6
- Paralegal Example 6
xhany xris Work history 01/2008 – 01/2008 / Lenior Community College, Kinston, NC customer Service Volunteered to help students find books and other supplies for rush week in january of 2008. Education Lenoir Community College, Goldsbo... more 7
- Paralegal Example 7
xota xman EducationConnors State College, 2015 Warner, Oklahoma, USA Criminal Justice, Associate’s of Art I am still pursuing my degree in this field.Oktaha High School, 2013 Oktaha, Oklahoma, USA General Education, High School Di... more 8
- Paralegal Example 8
Paralegal & Executive Administrative Assistant Mobile (2010- – present)Sullivan’s Accounting Tax & Notary Consultants, Witchita, KS, U.S.A. Trained new hires. Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and... more 9
- Paralegal Example 9
Paralegal II – ( November 2000 – February 2015) Gila River Indian Community Office of the Prosecutor, Sacaton, AZ Responsibilities: Drafted legal pleadings such as petitions, motions and notices. Prepared discovery, witnes... more 10
- Paralegal Example 10
Wright McLeod, Attorneys at Law, Evans, Georgia Post Closing Coordinator, July 1, 2012 – present Review all closing documents for both commercial and residential sales, notarized and witness signatures, scanned and copies files, p... more