Your resume must show that you know how to complete the many tasks required in a farming job (and get them done quickly), and it should also demonstrate your ability to think on your feet and act effectively when under stress. We've pulled together helpful advice on how to write a resume that does this.
In addition to expert tips, we have examples of resumes from real-world farmers. Make sure your document gets straight to the point using one of our farming resume templates and strategic tips from industry professionals who know what employers want to see.
Free Natural Resources And Agriculture Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional natural resources and agriculture resumes.
How To Mention Your Farming Experience
The work of a farmer is challenging and often requires quick thinking and a practical outlook. Maybe you have all the right experience to handle those daily emergencies, but you struggle to create interesting descriptions of your abilities. Our farming resume templates show you how to use strong action words and a variety of specific phrases pulled from job ads to showcase your work experience.
• Assist in repair and reconditioning of heavy equipment; perform necessary repairs, sometimes in the field; maintain personal equipment
• Coordinate thorough field trials to determine optimal conditions for application of fertilizers and crop-protection products
• Use physical labor, tools, and equipment to build fences, including walking, lifting, stapling wire and wood, nailing, and digging
• Lay farm irrigation trenches and pipes to ensure uniform crop coverage; perform maintenance on water lines and pipes as needed
• Manage team of farmers producing vegetable and pasture-based livestock crops with an increasing scope of responsibility
Farming Resume Tips
Our farming resume templates provide a great starting point for your document-writing efforts. Once you have a first draft, you can start to perfect it. With the following tips from professionals, you can quickly improve the quality of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Farming Resume: Many of the duties you perform during farm labor are transferable to other job opportunities. However, your resume is most effective when you've pulled specific words and phrases from each job listing to tailor your document.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Recruiters don't spend much time on each document that crosses their desks, so place your stand-out facts in the top third of the page. A strong summary statement explains why you're the best match for the open position.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: One of the best ways to get an edge above your competition is to share impressive achievements. Choose a story that demonstrates your abilities to get the job done right the first time, and include measurable results.
Farming Resume Templates
Our collection of farming resume templates includes real-world examples uploaded from previous users. Read through those examples to give yourself a starting point, and then turn to the resume builder from our partners at My Perfect Resume. It includes helpful descriptions, spell-check tools, and other useful resources.
- Farming Example 1
Farm Laborer (2014 – Present)North Fork Native Plants, Mattituck, New York, United States Company owned by father (Matthew Daly) Prune vegetation to foster growth Plant in green houses to produce year-round Propagate Heavy l... more 2
- Farming Example 2
Homestead Flower Farms, Warrenton, North Carolina (United States) Farm Hand, 2011 – 2015 Pruned vines to help growth. Planted in green houses to produce during the whole year. Installed automatic irrigation systems in the field. C... more 3
- Farming Example 3
Robert King Education and TrainingTompkins Cortland Community College – Current Dryden, NY, United States General Studies/Biology, N/A Currently in classes at Tompkins Cortland Community College in a general studies field and looking t... more 4
- Farming Example 4
eshawar my Education and Training College of Agriculture, 2014, RaichurKarnataka, India Agriculture, Bachelor of Scinces Bachelor’s Degree in AgricultureInterests Public speaking Photography Travelling Dancing Events organiz... more 5
- Farming Example 5
Food Truck Worker – ( June 2012 – August 2012) Family Friend’s Food Truck, Mansfield, Ohio (United States) Cashier Cooking Helping outAgriculture Worker – ( 02/04/15 – Now) Family Farm, Mt Gilead , O... more 6
- Farming Example 6
xert brandon xy Education and Training General Education Degree, Maryville, Tennessee GED, GED, 2010 General Education Degree Work history Sept 2013 – Current / Out of Eden Garden Center, Maryville, TN Laborer Currently working as a land... more 7
- Farming Example 7
xemy le Education and Training Northwood-Kensett High School, 2014, NorthwoodIowa, United States Diesel Mechanic, Highschool diploma I’m 18 years old going to High-school and I’m about to graduate.SkillsCan drive large m... more 8
- Farming Example 8
xiel rthy Education and Training University of Arizona, 2019 , TusconArizona , United States of America Plant Sciences , Natural Resources and Agriculture I am currently studying to achieve a bachelors in plant and soil sciences with ... more 9
- Farming Example 9
Herdsman/Farmhand , September 2013 – Present Dan’s Durocs/Meeker Farms, Manito, Illinois Management and care of 35 head purebred Duroc sow herd producing show pigs and breeding stock. In charge of basic maintenance of all bu... more 10
- Farming Example 10
Senior Field Assistant, 2004 – 2006 PT Tolan Tiga Indonesia ( a member SIPEF Group), Kotapinang, North Sumatera, Indonesia Working at Tolan Estate with main commodity oil palm as Senior Field Assistant who handled nursery, immature... more