A physician or medical assistant needs to be able to multitask, communicate effectively, and have exquisite attention to detail. When writing your resume, you need to demonstrate these abilities in a clear and concise manner so you can make a good impression on the person in charge. To see how to do this successfully, it helps to reference a professionally written sample.
Our physician and medical assistant resume templates allow you to look at real-life examples of professional documents. Their content and organization, as well as our professional advice, will help you write your own attention-grabbing document.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Physician and Medical Assistant Experience
You may have an idea of what you want to write for your work experience, but you need to understand that how you word it is important as well. You can grab the manager's attention when you incorporate language from the job description and use action verbs. You can see examples of this in the physician and medical assistant resume templates and in the following excerpts:
• Request and document thorough medical histories of patients and discuss current symptoms and problematic health issues
• Assess patients by performing physical exams and ordering diagnostic tests such as blood work, x-rays, and other lab tests
• Diagnose illnesses and injuries and suggest treatment plan for best outcome; coordinate with other health-care professionals if necessary
• Maintain medical supplies, examination areas, and equipment; order equipment repairs and additional supplies as needed
• Keep clear documentation of each patient; update and maintain online data and patient registration details
Physician and Medical Assistant Resume Tips
Reading the physician and medical assistant resume templates is a good start for knowing what your document should look like. It is also a good idea to follow certain resume tips so you know exactly how to write your own version. The following steps will help strengthen your resume significantly:
1. Personalize Your Physician and Medical Assistant Resume: It is important to make sure your resume is strong and personalized for each job. Mirror language you find in the job description to show you are a good fit for the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This is the first section the recruiter reads, so it needs to be excellent. Show your qualifications by including your overall experience, the three most relevant abilities, and a couple soft skills.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: You want your work experience section to help paint a clear picture of how you perform on a daily basis. Use specific language, and quantify your results with numbers and percentages.
Physician and Medical Assistant Resume Templates
A medical assistant resume example can provide great help when you begin to write your own. Choose from one of our real-world physician and medical assistant resume templates to get you started. You can also use a resume builder from My Perfect Resume to get advice as you go along.
- Physician And Medical Assistant Example 1
Clinic Certified Medical Assistant – ( 04/23/2012 – 10/28/2015) Clearwater Valley Hospital and Clinic, Orofino, Idaho (United States ) Kept up to date case histories of patients. Took blood and urine samples for analysis. A... more 2
- Physician And Medical Assistant Example 2
Saida Coreas Education and TrainingNorth Hollywood High School – 2014 North Hollywood, CA, United States Education, Still in school NHHS Interact Club Member 2011-present 2013-2014 PresidentInterests Public speaking Dancing Events ... more 3
- Physician And Medical Assistant Example 3
05/2009 – 03/2012 / GAGE Medical, Santa Ana, CA Family Practice/OB/GYN Medical Assistant Attained vital signs and chief complaint. Interface with patients, answering questions and concerns. Administered and recorded injections/vacci... more 4
- Physician And Medical Assistant Example 4
Vy Bui Education and TrainingOrange Coast College – 2017 Costa Mesa, CA, US Nursing, AS Bachelor of Science in Health ScienceCalifornia School of Health Sciences – 2015 Garden Grove, CA, US Phlebotomy Technician I, AS Asso... more 5
- Physician And Medical Assistant Example 5
Christianna Lopez Education and TrainingFountain-Fort Carson High School – 2015 Fountain, Colorado, United States N/A, N/A Includes Advanced Placement classes and Honors classes throughout the four years.Interests Public speaking... more 6
- Physician And Medical Assistant Example 6
Phoebe Plair Objective To make a significant contribution to successful operations, face new challenges with enthusiasm, exceed expectations, and expand my career. EducationBroad Ripple High School – May 2009 Indianapolis, In, mario... more 7
- Physician And Medical Assistant Example 7
Karen Velazquez Certifications -CPR Certified -HIPPA Certified Education Bowie High School El Paso, TX Years Attend 2009 to 2012 High School Diploma Kaplan College El Paso, TX Years Attended 2012 to 2013 Work history Aeropostale, El Paso, TX... more 8
- Physician And Medical Assistant Example 8
xlyn ry Work history Supervisor (January 2014 – January 2016 )Mogio’s Gourmet Pizza , Murphy, Texas , United States My first job, I worked there for over two years and was basically an underpaid manager. Interviewed and hired e... more 9
- Physician And Medical Assistant Example 9
Cashier (11/03/2012 – 05/05/2013)Wal-mart, Picayune, Mississippi, United States Assisted customers and answered all their questions about our products. Dealt with the cash register, returns and exchange requests. Explained and d... more 10
- Physician And Medical Assistant Example 10
xven xson Education and Training Diploma, Medical Assisting Augusta Technical College, 2018, Augusta, Ga (United States) Work history Taco Bell, Augusta, Ga (United States) Cashier/ Team Member, 11/2013 – 09/2015 I managed the front... more