It takes a skilled nurse to be able to tend to patient care and serve as a role model for those newer to the field at the same time. When you use our supervisor and unit manager resume templates, you can create a document that shows how well you harness what your experience has taught you and proves that you can pull off that delicate balancing act.
The top-notch advice offered by our real-world contributors helps you improve your resume before you submit it. Our resume builder leads you through every step of the process of writing your document.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Supervisor and Unit Manager Experience
In order to lead, you must have experience with the positions you are leading. That is why our supervisor and unit manager resume templates focus so much on registered nurse skills. When you match your strengths to the job description, you communicate to prospective employers that you have what it takes to lead their team. Use action words to convey the skills you can pass on to others:
• Coordinate patient care, ensuring that each patient receives the medications and treatments he or she requires at the appropriate times
• Show respect to patients by protecting their privacy and consent rights as well as the rights of their families
• Provide emotional care and support to patients and their families while under the hospital or clinic's care
• Act as a mentor to new nurses and personnel, sharing expertise to strengthen the team
• Engage in public education initiatives to promote health and wellness in schools and the community at large.
Supervisor and Unit Manager Resume Tips
By following the excellent resume examples set forth in the supervisor and unit manager resume templates, you can create a document that catches the eye of recruiters looking for fresh leadership. The tips below can help you tighten up the different sections of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Supervisor and Unit Manager Resume: Each job description provides hints of the key phrases employers are looking for when they peruse resumes. Match your resume to the description by using the same keywords throughout the document.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary is the first impression you make on potential employers, so make sure it encapsulates your best skills. If you had 30 seconds to impress someone, what would you say? Your summary statement should read accordingly.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experience: Hiring managers don't want to read the same task lists over and over again when looking through applicants' experience sections. Mention specific accomplishments to stand out in a sea of resumes.
Supervisor and Unit Manager Resume Templates
Click through our library of supervisor and unit manager resume templates. Tips from real-world professionals make it easier to craft a document of which you can be proud.
Our partners at My Perfect Resume offer a resume builder. This tool helps you create an outstanding resume efficiently.
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 1
Clinical Nurse Manager – ( October 2006 – October 2013) Interim HealthCare Hospice, Greenville, South Carolina (USA) Responsible for the development, support and clinical management of The Hospice Interdisciplinary Team. Th... more 2
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 2
Gunners Mate – United States Navy 2012 – 2014 // Great Lakes (United States) Operated and maintained communication equipment in good condition. Performed reconnaissance operations. Operated various weapon systems.Packa... more 3
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 3
Registered Nurse – ( 4/2013 – present) Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions. Maintain accurate, detailed reports and recor... more 4
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 4
Senior Clinical Nurse Specialist, 04/01/2001 – Present Dep.Home Land Security/ICE/USPHS, Miami, Florida, USA €¢Serving as an advanced clinician for the unit with responsibilities for performing a variety of unusual and complex... more 5
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 5
RN Clinical Trainer, 12-2014 – Current Children’s Heatlh Pediatric Group, Dallas, Texas (US) Develops training material and tailors education to learning needs of employee Interviews RN and LVN candidates Trains all incoming ... more 6
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 6
Care Team Leader – University of Wisconsin Hospital November 2007 – current // Madison (USA) Resource for specialized oncology expertise for all nurses on our unit and other units throughout hospital Makes assignments for u... more 7
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 7
Lakeview Hospital, Bountiful, UT RN/House Supervisor, July 2010 – Present Position was split 50% House Supervision/50% Intensive Care Unit for first 2 years. Primarily House Supervision for past three years. As House Supervisor: ... more 8
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 8
Nurse Manager–Lead RN (April 2008 – current) Kindred Healthcare, Easton, Pa, USA Acts as a part of the interdisplianry plan to ensure optium patient outcomes. Assists with the admission process. Ensures adequate staffing by ... more 9
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 9
Charge Nurse – Healthtrust Nursing Agency 2010 – Current // San Antonio (United States of America) Advised and informed patients about drug interactions, secondary effects and doses. Monitored and reported achieved and non ... more 10
- Supervisor And Unit Manager Example 10
Manager, Acute Care Services and Cardiac Rehab (1/2010 – Present)Medical Center at Franklin, Franklin, Kentucky Responsibilities include: 24/7 staffing and operations of a 30 bed acute care and swing bed unit, direct supervisor... more