Use our sample as inspiration, and build on that inspiration with our useful tips and best practices. These best practices coach you in changing how you think about your experience so you can quantify it in a way that presents value to employers. You’ve got the expertise, and they need to know about it; all that’s left is to write it with the aplomb needed to make your resume jump out from the throngs of ordinary jobseekers.
Administrative Specialist Resume Sample
Talented administrative and executive support specialist with 12 years of experience streamlining business workflows and ensuring seamless organizational operations. Adept at multitasking in a challenging environment to provide effective support for cross-functional teams. Highly organized, with a reputation for bringing structure to internal processes, projects, and teams through excellent planning and scheduling skills.
- Administrative support
- Executive assistance
- Customer service
- Relationship building
- Project coordination and support
- Project planning
- Filing and documentation
- Continuous process improvement
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office Suite
Bayou Energy, New Orleans, LA
- Provide office-wide support for cross-functional teams at junior and management levels
- Assist with daily workflow management by providing schedule and document support
- Managed a team of six junior administrative assistants
- Contribute to special projects through preparation of project master plans in Microsoft Project
- Manage inbound and outbound correspondence by phone, email, and postal mail
- Screen executive emails and phone calls as needed
- Update daily executive schedules and appointments
- Take an instrumental role in meetings, including taking minutes and conducting presentations
- Deliver excellent customer service and relationship management in communication with clients
- Prepare, file, and organize documentation
- Analyze data and author ad hoc reports for various team needs
- Cut 50% of manual work by implementing workflow automation software
- Boosted productivity 22% by training junior administrative talent
Southern Power Services, New Orleans, LA
- Stepped into an organization with no administrative structure and built administrative functions from the ground up
- Established workflow management policies and procedures at the staff level
- Instilled in cross-disciplinary staff members the importance of adhering to standard operating procedures
- Implemented inventory monitoring and management to control spending on office supplies
- Coordinated all supply ordering, purchasing, and replenishment
- Optimized executive productivity 32% by introducing clear administrative task segmentation
- Prevented missed appointments through deployment of shared calendars on company portal
- Dropped unnecessary overtime by 72% via more structured work practices that supported efficiency and productivity
- Reduced confusion in reporting by developing standard reporting templates
Tulane University,New Orleans, LA
IAAP Certified Administrative Professional (CAP), 2012
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Administrative Specialist Resume Sample? Let’s Check
For an administrative specialist to be good at his or her job, he or she needs to be the backbone holding others up so they can be good at their jobs. Our sample resume uses a strong opening summary to describe the candidate’s experience with business workflows, multitasking in a fast-paced organization, planning, scheduling, and executive and team support. These are vital keywords that describe and shape a role critical to maintaining business productivity.
When you read the above administrative specialist resume sample, you’re sure to find the numbers jumping out at you. There’s a reason for this; we tend to notice and retain metrics more easily than words, especially when written using numerical values. That’s why you’ll find the majority of this candidate’s accomplishments show some kind of quantifiable value, such as improving executive productivity 32% or cutting 50% of manual work.
When it comes to formatting a resume, simplicity and organization are key. The sample resume shows our example jobseeker understands these principles by breaking down and organizing her career experience into a neat format that’s easy to scan for critical information. Using the summary, skills section, work experience, and education the sample candidate creates opportunities to emphasize core skillsets in diverse ways.
There’s no room in the modern job market for a one-trick pony. Jobseekers always have to bring that little bit of extra effort to show why they’re as good as getting two candidates for the price of one. In our administrative specialist resume sample, the jobseeker subtly weaves in multiple instances of added value. For example, she’s also skilled with software implementation that reduces manual work, she’s trained junior personnel to boost productivity 22%, and she can handle ad hoc reporting. She even once built a complete administrative department from the ground up. How many candidates can say that?
It’s important to use action-oriented language in your resume, but make sure that language also includes a little variety. “Championing” something loses its impact if in every other line you champion everything from departmental policies to organizing the supply closet. Get creative without going overboard; make effective use of verbs such as “instill,” “establish,” and “prevent.”