If you aren’t certain exactly what a first-rate resume should look like, take a look at our dishwasher resume sample below. This sample is an exemplary representation of the professional formatting and tone that your document needs to reflect, and the sample should also give you some ideas about the specific types of information you might want to include. Read through the resume development tips that accompany this sample for additional guidance as you work through this task.
Dishwasher Resume Sample
Competent, productive dishwasher with over two years of experience in the restaurant service industry and a current food handler safety card. Team player with a positive, upbeat, customer-focused attitude. Excellent attention to hygiene, cleanliness, and dishwashing equipment upkeep.
- Exemplary, well-kept professional appearance
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency in operation and maintenance of standard dishwashing equipment
- Ability to lift heavy loads (up to 50 pounds) and remain standing for extended periods of time
- Load, monitor, and unload dishwashing equipment in a quick and efficient manner, helping to ensure a smoothly functioning kitchen
- Perform a quality check on every finished dishwashing load to ensure compliance with hygiene standards, thus contributing to maintaining the company’s spotless reputation
- Remove glass and fragile items from regular dishwashing loads and wash them separately by hand to prevent damage or loss
- Perform standard maintenance and upkeep on dishwashing equipment as needed to ensure equipment remains in good working order
- Brief the next shift’s employees on any important issues or concerns at shift change time, ensuring consistency and continuity of operations from one shift to the next
- Train and mentor new dishwashing employees on company procedures and policies
- Received and loaded used dishes into dishwashing equipment throughout shift
- Ferried clean dishes, utensils, and cookware to kitchen and server supply stations as needed, ensuring regular and dependable availability of supplies
- Handled and stored dishwashing detergent and supplies in accordance with safety-oriented best practices and notified supervisors when supplies were low
- Scrubbed sinks and disinfected and sanitized dishwashing equipment as needed, maintaining the company’s high cleanliness standards
- Swept and mopped work area floors and emptied kitchen garbage bins at the end of each shift
- Assisted kitchen staff with other stocking and cleaning tasks as needed, contributing to an efficient flow of back-of-house operations
Institute of Food Safety, Health, and Hygiene, Inc.
San Diego, California
High School Diploma – 2014
Huntington Beach High School
Huntington Beach, California
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Dishwasher Resume? Let’s Check
It does. The candidate indicates that he pays “excellent attention to hygiene, cleanliness” in the summary. He also notes a history of “compliance with hygiene standards” and “maintaining the company’s high cleanliness standards” in the work experience section.
Yes. Given that the candidate already has two years of experience as a dishwasher, he has already proven that he can shoulder the physical burden of the job without difficulty. He also points out his “ability to lift heavy loads (up to 50 pounds) and remain standing for extended periods of time” in the skills section.
Absolutely. This resume sample is readable, orderly, and concise. The candidate conveys the essential information in a straightforward manner through the smart use of bullet points and the economical use of words. The sample is also free of grammar and spelling errors, adding to its sharp overall appearance.
Indeed. In the work experience section of the resume sample, the candidate confirms that he knows how to “load, monitor, and unload dishwashing equipment in a quick and efficient manner, helping to ensure a smoothly functioning kitchen” as well as “regular and dependable availability of supplies.”
Yes. Many of the bullet points in the experience section of the resume testify directly to his skill with dishwashing equipment, and the skills section further illuminates his “high level of proficiency in operation and maintenance” of the same.