By following the example set by the sample resume and adhering to the current resume writing best practices, you’ll be able to confidently showcase your skills to hiring managers. To get the most out of your job-hunting experience, make sure to spend time perfecting your resume. Spending a bit of extra time working on this important document can make a big difference in how many job offers you receive.
Entry Level Human Resources Resume Sample
Compassionate and qualified human resources professional. Able to work well with individuals from all backgrounds and age groups. Excellent writer and communicator.
- iCIMS Talent Platform
- Fluent in Spanish
- Exceptional ability to understand and communicate with others
- Natural ability to remain calm and collected under pressure
The HT Group, Austin, TX
- Work with HR Team Leader to write and post job descriptions
- Review incoming applications, running them through the human resources software to find the best matches
- Reach out to job candidates and invite them to the initial interview
- Facilitate the onboarding process and enter information into the database, improving efficiency by 7%
- Create training materials for new employees, paying careful attention to detail and striving to provide engaging training content
- Communicate with new hires and provide them with an overview of company culture and values
The University of Texas at Austin, Department of Psychology
- Acted as assistant receptionist to greet office visitors and answer phones promptly
- Received employee documents from HR manager and filed them in the correct online and physical locations
- Assisted the HR manager with data entry, gaining experience with HR software
- Created first drafts of job listings for the HR manager’s approval
- Monitored and evaluated the influx of job applications, leading to 5% reduction of time required to complete the hiring process
- Maintained the social media pages of the Department of Psychology to drive interest in the program and build connections
The University of Texas at Austin, Admissions Office
- Created attractive informational flyers for placement on the office bulletin board
- Assisted the HR manager with the creation of training programs, such as PowerPoint presentations and how-to videos
- Answered phones in a compassionate and professional manner to make all callers feel welcomed and valued
- Handled the distribution of mail and packages to all members of the office
- Spearheaded the data entry needs of the office, reducing mistakes in the database by 10%
- Composed how-to documentation and trained new office assistants, thoroughly explaining each step of the process
Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management, 2012
University of Texas, Austin, TX
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Entry Level Human Resources Resume? Let’s Check
Absolutely! When pursuing a career in human resources, it’s vital for jobseekers to showcase their ability to work well with others from all walks of life. The HR department is the backbone of creating a happy, thriving workplace, and HR professionals should have an uncanny ability to calm others and make them feel welcome. This candidate clearly demonstrates her exceptional social skills and cheery presence in the summary, skills section, and work history.
Yes, the entry level human resources resume sample does an outstanding job of leading off each sentence with an action verb. While many jobseekers make the common mistake of listing general job duties, it’s imperative to stay away from this misguided resume writing practice. Instead of listing what you’re responsible for, be sure to pack your resume with powerful verbs and concrete accomplishments.
Confirmed. This job candidate has an excellent chance of receiving multiple callbacks from hiring managers since she goes above and beyond in demonstrating her technological skills. This candidate possesses the ability to use three major HR management systems, which is a definite plus in her job readiness. Chances are she’ll be able to jump right into a new HR position with minimal training.
Yes! This candidate has a strong background working as an HR assistant, but she has also worked as a general office assistant and is comfortable answering phones and posting to social media accounts. Whether she needs to post job descriptions or design informational flyers for the office, the candidate has it covered.
Affirmative. As demonstrated in the entry level human resources resume sample, this candidate has a long history of working with and training new hires. Not only can she create documentation that’s easy to understand, but she also has direct experience in training new employees.