One of the most surefire ways to ensure a well-written resume is to use a resume sample like the maintenance supervisor resume sample shown here. You should refer to this example when creating your resume so that you do not make mistakes or leave out anything important. Using this resume sample and writing tips can help increase the quality of your own resume to improve your chances of getting a job offer.
Maintenance Supervisor Resume Sample
Skilled maintenance supervisor with nine years of experience supervising construction equipment maintenance workers. Thorough leader providing management to large teams of mechanics to quickly and safely repair any mechanical problems in equipment. Knowledgeable overseer accustomed to working with suppliers and negotiating repair parts to minimize costs.
- Strong understanding of Caterpillar Construction Equipment
- Clear communication
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Administration of discipline to workers
- Good organizational skills
- Thorough inspection of equipment
- Quick problem-solving
- Robust mathematic and measurement abilities
- Manage a team of 20 maintenance workers to ensure safety and compliance with federal regulations
- Communicate individually with workers in the team so they know the expectations on them at all times
- Devise weekly schedules that maximize efficiency and minimize downtime of employees
- Reduce costs in maintenance budget by 13% from 2014 to 2016
- Deliver solutions to issues that maintenance workers are unable to solve among themselves
- Negotiate with equipment distributors to arrive at the best price for new parts and equipment as the need arises
- Coordinated group of nine maintenance workers with two other groups led by other supervisors for maximum efficiency
- Recruited, hired, and trained new employees when positions would become available
- Ordered repair parts as senior supervisors saw fit
- Directed day-to-day activities of maintenance workers for optimal repair schedule
- Created monthly inspection schedule for pre-emptive maintenance, repairing 12 large pieces of equipment before anything went wrong or malfunctioned
- Reviewed state and federal guidelines to maintain compliance with regulations
- Repaired construction equipment as necessary to ensure safety and productivity
- Inspected machinery on a rotating basis to check for worn-out parts or potential safety hazards
- Conducted weekly reports detailing repairs made and components replaced
- Reduced number of new parts to order by organizing and categorizing parts already in storage
- Led monthly worker meetings to discuss any concerns, questions, or complaints to address with the supervisors
Bingham High School, Utah
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Maintenance Supervisor Resume? Let’s Check
As you can see, our applicant has very industry-specific work experiences, which demonstrate her ability to work with construction equipment. She has shown her knowledge of equipment maintenance through both managing mechanics of that equipment and also being a maintenance worker herself early in her career. Her qualifications are present right off the bat in her summary statement and then in her skills section, and the work experience section fully expounds upon them.
In the maintenance supervisor resume sample, the jobseeker demonstrates how she has consistently taken on increasing responsibility and done so while still positively contributing to the company. She began in a non-supervisory position, then led a small team of workers, then more than doubled the number of employees she oversaw in her following position. She has shown her ability to take on more responsibility and more employees as time goes on.
The first thing the hiring manager or employer sees is the candidate’s summary statement, which concisely and clearly demonstrates who she is as an employee. Right out of the gates she states her position and how much experience she has in that position. She continues by detailing her responsibilities as a maintenance supervisor, which lets the reader know what to expect when hiring her.
This resume is stellar not only because of the candidate’s qualifications but also in the way that she presents them. You do not want to overwhelm readers with excessive information, but you also do not want to make them feel as if they are missing out on key data. Our candidate strikes this balance by being brief but thorough while smoothly transitioning from one section to the next.
Companies depend on maintenance workers, so they want clear evidence of a candidate’s skills. Our applicant makes her worth known by including metrics, or quantifiable figures, in her work experience section. Figures like “13%” and “12 large pieces of equipment” clearly demonstrate to the reader how much exactly this jobseeker could contribute to the company.