According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, secretaries and administrative assistants may face a declining future job market. With employment opportunities expected to decrease by 5% between now and 2026, it’s vital to use any advantage you can to differentiate yourself from other jobseekers.
Your quest for your next career opportunity begins with a polished resume that quickly and effectively makes a compelling case for why you’re the best candidate for the job. Use our office assistant resume templates, packed with expert tips and real-world examples, to craft a winning document that markets your skills and qualifications to recruiters.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Office Assistant Experience
Office assistants play key roles in many businesses, ensuring that their offices run at peak efficiency while supporting management, administrators, and other employees. Recruiters may give your resume extra scrutiny, since they’ll expect it to evidence your attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Our office assistant resume templates demonstrate how to emphasize these important qualifications by using language from the job posting and strong active verbs:
• Track and maintain office, printer, breakroom, and lounge supply inventories, purchasing and restocking items as needed
• Oversee office expenditures, inspect invoices, and submit payments to vendors at or before invoice due dates
• Compose and prepare memos, correspondence to external parties, reports, and internal documentation for meetings, mass distribution, and filing
• Coordinate outbound shipping and the receipt of product deliveries with couriers, shipping, and logistics providers
• Monitor and update manager’s calendars, edit departmental schedules, and organize both periodic and ad hoc meetings
Office Assistant Resume Tips
Review our office assistant resume templates for best practices that provide a solid start in creating your document. You can also study other resources such as this office assistant resume example to learn other useful information. Check out these additional tips to help you step up your resume game:
1. Personalize Your Office Assistant Resume: Cookie-cutter resumes do nothing to advance your career, so avoid sending the same document to multiple recruiters. Instead, craft a different version for every new application. Include important keywords from the job description that match your own skills.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: What better way to get a hiring manager’s attention than with a dynamic summary statement that pitches your professional brand? Write yours as a three-sentence paragraph that sells your most compelling and relevant qualifications.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: To illustrate how you’ve added value in your previous jobs, describe standout accomplishments using strong action verbs. If possible, include metrics in your descriptions.
Office Assistant Resume Templates
Look at our office assistant resume templates for helpful examples uploaded by real-world jobseekers just like you. Don’t forget that you can also use My Perfect Resume, a formidable resource with powerful built-in tools and professional advice, to jumpstart your document’s creation and bring it to expert-level perfection.
- Office Assistant Example 1
Tracy Stockman EducationArgos Community Schools – 1989 Argos, IN, United States General, Core 40 High school diplomaUniversity of Phoenix – 2011 Phoenix, AZ, Unites States Healthcare Administration, Associates of Arts Gene... more 2
- Office Assistant Example 2
Sales Administrative Assistant, 01/03/2008 – Present Fred Frederick Chrysler Easton Inc, Easton, Md, USA 6 years receptionist with multi-line phone experience. 6 years customer service experience Answer customer queries in person, ... more 3
- Office Assistant Example 3
US Property & Appraisals, Bridgeville, PA (USA) Data Entry Clerk, 2/1998 – 8/2002 Answer telephones for our reps, receive fax reports from clients, process reports from clients to give to our reps, file reports for our reps. ... more 4
- Office Assistant Example 4
lly xren Interests Traveling Swimming Socializing with friends Movies Areas of expertiseMicrosoft Word Proccesing, Creating Documents – 4+ yearsEducation Karns City High School, 2012, Karns CityPA, United States General, High... more 5
- Office Assistant Example 5
Health Services Assistant (August 2016 – November 2016)Warkworth Institution, Warkworth, ON ¢ Set up outside medical appointments for inmates ¢ Completed privacys requested by the offenders ¢ Received and dispersed ... more 6
- Office Assistant Example 6
Customer Service Representative (October 2013 – Present) General Dynamics, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States Dealt with medicare beneficiares problems and complaints keeping cordial and helpful. Assisted beneficiares by phon... more 7
- Office Assistant Example 7
Michael Coker EducationFSCJ – 2014 (Still Attending) Jacksonville, FL, US Information Technology , A.A. Will be recieving my A.A. and moving on to the B.A. program in 2014.Work historyPre-Delivery Screening – ( 2011 –... more 8
- Office Assistant Example 8
Administrative Assistant – ( 2012 – Present) STARR, Inc., Denver , CO (USA) Educated new and existing clients for installation of Home Theater Systems and Phone Lines. Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and v... more 9
- Office Assistant Example 9
Assitiant Manager – ( 2012 – Current) Rainbow, Austin, TX (USA) Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and plann... more 10
- Office Assistant Example 10
Sales Associate – ( October 2013 – Present) Walmart, Mount Airy , NC (United States) Assisted customers and answered all their questions about our products. Assisted clients to find items, informed about products’ cha... more