Individuals who work in museums and art galleries may have a wide range of responsibilities. They may need to oversee certain historical items and catalog new items that come in. If you hope to land one of these positions, then you need to review our museums and galleries resume templates.
These sample applications provide great information on how to format a job application and what information is advantageous to include. Whether you want to apply as an intern or curator, you need to know what hiring managers want to see so you can edit your resume accordingly.
Free Art Fashion And Design Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional art fashion and design resumes.
How To Mention Your Museums and Galleries Experience
You never want to lie on a resume, but there are many curator and gallery director responsibilities you likely already have experience with. You also need to make sure you format these responsibilities properly by beginning each statement with a strong active verb. Here are some examples from our museums and galleries resume templates to keep in mind:
• Schedule events at the establishment, and coordinate all aspects, including decorations, entertainment, and refreshments
• Arrange insurance coverage for historical artifacts and pieces of art, and recommend changes to insurance policies in the future
• Inspect premises regularly to determine if any pests are present or if any repairs are necessary
• Train new staff members in technical, fiscal, and curatorial duties, and determine who should continue as full-time employees
• Write and submit journal articles, publicity materials, and grant proposals
Museums and Galleries Resume Tips
You have a greater likelihood of landing a job interview by knowing what skills and experiences hiring managers want to see. However, you also need to write things the correct way. Here are some of the attributes shared by practically all of our museums and galleries resume templates:
1. Personalize Your Museums and Galleries Resume: It is a mistake to send the exact same resume to each individual employer. You want a little bit of customization to show you actually read the job ad and know what skills the employer values most.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many recruiters only spend roughly six seconds skimming a resume to determine whether it is worth reading all the way. That means making an outstanding first impression with a great summary statement at the top of the document.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: A responsibility will not make much of an impression. However, if you include quantifiable metrics in the statement, such as a percentage you managed to save the gallery or museum, then you stand out more.
Museums and Galleries Resume Templates
We have an extensive library of first-class museums and galleries resume templates. You only need to read through a few of them to see what changes are necessary in your own application. We partner with an award-winning builder at My Perfect Resume. Receive step-by-step guidelines on how to make your resume at the top of the pack.
- Museums And Galleries Example 1
Glynnis Stevenson Education The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA – Pennsylvania Master of Arts, Art History, 2015 GPA: 3.78 Relevant Coursework: €¢ Achaemenids and their Hellenistic Aftermath €¢ Eastern Medieval Archit... more 2
- Museums And Galleries Example 2
Hannah Engstrom Work historyWarehouse Associate – ( June, 2015 – Present ) Net Health Shops, LLC. , Eau Claire , WI (USA) Prepare shipments being sent to Amazon warehouses Organize products to maximize efficiency Increase comp... more 3
- Museums And Galleries Example 3
Projects Officer (April 2002 – Current date)Office of the Governor, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Oversee Heritage Asset Collection (including assets-on-loan), maintain heritage asset database, coordinate stocktake, revaluation... more 4
- Museums And Galleries Example 4
Creative Media Intern (May 2015 – August 2015)Emdeon , Nashville, TN Created original video content from pre- to post-production Supported marketing team with media content within a B2B context Presented a unique relationship r... more 5
- Museums And Galleries Example 5
Winona State University, Winona, MN September 2010 – December 2010 : Curating Internship Organized and managed the Universities’ Art Gallery. Assist with the instillation, break down, and maintenance of Art Shows at the Univer... more 6
- Museums And Galleries Example 6
Manager – ( June 2006 – November 2015) Galas Framing Services , Long Island City , New York (USA ) I was responsible for numerous client accounts of Art Galleries and Private Art resellers and collectors. My duties includ... more 7
- Museums And Galleries Example 7
Miranda Priestly’s Prime Assistant – ( 1999 – 1999) Runway Fashion, New York City, New York (United States of America) Visited manufacturers and trade shows to select fabrics and patterns Researched fashion trends and... more 8
- Museums And Galleries Example 8
Competition Juror (2007 – present)Various Art Festivals and Shows, Tampa Bay area, FL Dunedin Art Harvest Festival jury panel (2007, 2008) PTA Reflections Art Contest Judge (2007-2011) James A. Haley Veterans Creative Arts Fest... more 9
- Museums And Galleries Example 9
Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri 2014 – Current : Gallery Assistant Guard the public galleries of the Center Art Gallery Center Provide security for building, Help with the development, promotion and implementation ... more 10
- Museums And Galleries Example 10
xerto si Education University of Cassino, Undergraduate Degree, FrosinoneFrosinone, Italy Art History, Cultural Heritage Valorization This degree gives an all-round in-depth view of all the fields of Cultural Heritage. I can,in fact,look ... more