Teaching adults to read and write is a beneficial and necessary social service. If you want to find work in adult literacy and education, your resume should reflect your training and relevant experience. Employers hiring for positions in this field may be particularly interested in any teaching background or certifications.
Our resume-writing pointers show how to describe your experience on your resume and catch the attention of prospective employers. Look over the following career-specific writing tips and our extensive collection of adult literacy resume templates to view examples of each section in documents submitted by real candidates in this field.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your Adult Literacy Experience
The words you use to describe your experience may impact your prospects of getting hired. Present your background in the same words and phrases an employer uses to set forth the adult literacy teaching requirements for the role you are seeking. Indicate your ability to excel in this field by using action words, as in the examples below and our adult literacy resume templates.
• Evaluate adult learners to determine the most suitable approach and curriculum for attaining literacy goals
• Work with students individually and in groups to promote learning and retention of knowledge and skills
• Assign and grade reading and comprehension assignments while giving positive feedback to encourage continued effort
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date student records, including scores on assignments and assessments of overall progress
• Inform students about other learning opportunities and ways to sharpen skills outside of the classroom
Adult Literacy Resume Tips
Our writing tips will direct your attention to the most significant parts of your resume. Remember that it is a good idea to submit customized materials to each open position. Follow these recommendations to enhance the quality of your resume, and see our adult literacy resume templates for additional guidance.
1. Personalize Your Adult Literacy Resume: Add a distinctive touch to your resume by informing employers about your background and abilities while also responding to the requirements listed in the description of the job you want.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Employers skim each resume for about six seconds, and the professional summary is typically the first section they see. Draw attention to your top qualifications in a few short phrases.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Provide relevant details about prior experience or training to make your resume stand out. Consider including metrics or statistics about the number of students you work with or success rates.
Adult Literacy Resume Templates
These career-specific writing tips should prepare you to craft a better resume. Refer to these guidelines and our real-world adult literacy resume templates as you work on your own document. You can also create a resume using the step-by-step resume builder from My Perfect Resume .
- Adult Literacy Example 1
Angelina Grimke Featured skills writing , poerty, since i was 13 years Portfolio poetry “I know you are too young now to become my wife, but I hope, darling, that in a few years you will come to me and be my love, my wife! How my brain ... more 2
- Adult Literacy Example 2
Alero Vivien Wilson-Eche EducationBayero University – 2002 Kano, Kano, Nigeria Adult education and Community development , Bachelor of Education Nigeria Certificate in Education – Business Education cInternships Register Ca... more 3
- Adult Literacy Example 3
Matthew Fortuna EducationBoise State University – 2014 Boise, Idaho, United States of America History & Political Science, Bachelors of Arts & Sciences Double major in History & Political Science International Relations ... more 4
- Adult Literacy Example 4
English Language Lecturer – ( Jan 2007 – Dec 2007) Auston Institute of Management and Technology, Singapore, Singapore (Singapore) Taught English, presented lectures, arranged workshops, participated and organized other act... more 5
- Adult Literacy Example 5
Madina Sule EducationCommunity College of Philadelphia – 2014 Philadelphia, PA – Pennsylvania, United States Education, Associate in Art GPA: 3.64 Phi Theta Kappa member Fleishman Award for best tutor Training on how to be the be... more 6
- Adult Literacy Example 6
LIS (7/2012 – present)Walker Memorial Library, Westbrook, ME, United States Planned course content and methodology. Prepared drafts of material to be covered and proposals for approval. Used audiovisual aids, laboratory techniqu... more 7
- Adult Literacy Example 7
Education and training Graduated of basic computer literacy – ( Oct 2011 – Dec2011) Manpower mandaluyong, Mandaluyong, Montalban (Philippines) Assisted to educational conferences, teacher training workshops to improve effic... more 8
- Adult Literacy Example 8
Substitute Teacher (Nov. 2003 – Present) Paterson Board of Education, Paterson, New Jersey, USA Planned course content and methodology. Evaluated student progress through periodical tests. Taught different subjects such as histo... more 9
- Adult Literacy Example 9
Rebecca Ackerman Objective I am an energetic and self-motivated student interested in obtaining a summer internship in e-learning, instructional technology, curriculum, professional development or educational policy. Education Mount Holyoke Coll... more 10
- Adult Literacy Example 10
9 – S.S.M.V.M SCHOOL – (2009/2007) Daltonganj , Jharkhand , India I hereby inform that all the above information is correctEducation:- Studying in Std.9th 85, std.9 S.S.M.V.M , 2017 Daltonganj , Jharkhand , India I am s... more