As an elementary school teacher, multitasking is part of your job every day. Did you know your resume needs to multitask just as much as you do? A great resume not only showcases your skills and demonstrates that you're a great teacher. It also shows that you're the best candidate for the job.
Before you get overwhelmed by the task of writing this document, take a few minutes to look at our elementary school resume templates. These real-world examples can help you understand how you should organize and write your resume to make it stand out and impress employers.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your Elementary School Experience
When you start to write your resume, you realize how much your experience matters. Wording plays a large role when hiring managers look at this document. Employers incorporate key words and phrases into a job posting, and when you use these words in your resume, hiring managers can easily see that you have the necessary skills and experience. Additionally, it's a good idea to use strong action words to describe your past work experience and demonstrate the impact you've had. An elementary school resume template can show you how to use these techniques in your own resume:
• Develop lesson plans that adhere to school curriculum and design personalized learning plans for students
• Establish a learning environment that allows students to reach their full potential through diverse educational techniques
• Communicate with parents on a regular basis to discuss student progress and development
• Assess student progress to understand students' needs
• Collaborate with school faculty and administration to evaluate and implement curriculum
Elementary School Resume Tips
An elementary school resume template is a great place to start when you sit down to write your resume. There are a few easy ways you can strengthen this document and make it stand out.
1. Personalize Your Elementary School Resume: Your resume shouldn't be a static document. Before you send this document to a hiring manager, make sure it includes the experience and skills requested in the job posting. Updating your resume for each job ensures that hiring managers see you are a great candidate.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Instead of including an objective, use a summary statement to show employers why you're a good fit for the job and the kind of impact you can make.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Instead of simply listing the relevant skills, include examples of your skills in action. Incorporate statistics that demonstrate the impact you've had in the classroom so employers can see you are ready to step into the job.
Elementary School Resume Templates
Look through our library of elementary school resume templates and get some inspiration before beginning your resume. To make sure you nail the format and descriptions, consider using a resume builder. Get more tips about crafting your skills section, work history, and summary statement so you know your resume is absolutely ready when you send it to employers.
- Elementary School Example 1
Teacher – Wyandotte Elementary School (August 2012/Present) Wyandotte, Ok (USA) I taught Kindergarten for two years and then moved to 3rd grade where I have taught for the last three years.ReferencesAmy Fritchey, Teacher af... more 2
- Elementary School Example 2
At-Home Daycare Provider – Angela’s Daycare August 2006 – August 2010 // Alto (United States) Taught children healthy and personal routines such as eating, toilet habits and resting. Prepared and served food for child... more 3
- Elementary School Example 3
Rebecca Reed EducationMontana State University Billings – 2017 Billings , MT, USA Curriculum and Instruction , Masters Working on my Masters of Curriculum and Instruction with hope to one day earn a Ph.D. in Education with a specia... more 4
- Elementary School Example 4
Amber Pulley EducationTidewater Community College – 2011 Virginia Beach, VA, USA Social Science, Associates of Science Earned an Associates of Social Science degree in 2011.Norfolk State University – 2014 Norfolk, VA, USA E... more 5
- Elementary School Example 5
Elementary Teacher – ( February 1992 – Present) Jackson Public Schools, Jackson , MI (US) I have taught in an elementary classroom for the last twenty years. I have had experience at various grade levels in all content are... more 6
- Elementary School Example 6
Pauline Robinson Work history Soveniir Photographer (March 2016 – Current) Sharpshooter Imaging, Mystic, Connecticut, United States I invited customers to partake in taking a souvenir photo while working outside; and retained knowledge of ... more 7
- Elementary School Example 7
Customer Service Associate – Kroger 2013 – 2015 // Omaha (United States) Helped customers with needs anywhere from, money counting and money exchange. Counted all the money drawers in the store and shut down all registers ... more 8
- Elementary School Example 8
Teacher Assistant – ( October, 2006 – Present) Mamie Martin Elementary School, Brookhaven, MS (United States) I currently am a teacher’s assistant for a Kindergarten classroom. I help the teacher with reading centers ... more 9
- Elementary School Example 9
Activity Leader – ( 2012 – Current) Ballantyne Country Club, Charlotte, NC (United States) As an Activity Leader, I work with children ages two and a half to thirteen years old. I take care of them while their parents are d... more 10
- Elementary School Example 10
Sally Jalili Education Bachelor , Social Work University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, December 10, 2016, Edinburg, Tx (Hidalgo) Learn about child maltreatment and how to help those that are in need. Learn how to read non-verbal cues from childre... more