As an engineering manager, you have to know the technical ins and outs of your specialization. In addition, your resume needs to demonstrate a high level of administrative capability and a track record of effective team supervision. To get results, every section of your resume must work hard to convey information that supports your candidacy.
Our engineering management resume templates come from real professionals in the field. Perusing them can give you a good idea of how to organize your document, what kind of information to include, and how to use language to persuade and engage prospective employers.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Engineering Management Experience
Engineering managers possess expertise in their own fields and also coordinate the work of other professionals. Even experienced and accomplished professionals risk falling behind in their job searches if they use generic, passive phrasing to describe their experience rather than using action verbs and using similar language found in the job ad.
Avoid beginning each entry with the same verb. Instead of writing that you were responsible for a task, focus on the action you took to accomplish it. As in our engineering management resume templates, your descriptions should cover the full range of proficiencies employers expect.
• Work with engineers and other consultants to develop action plan for meeting project goals
• Monitor project progress, solve problems, motivate the team, and provide guidance
• Manage project budget, negotiate contracts, and maintain relationships with vendors
• Recruit and train employees for engineering positions
• Ensure compliance with applicable laws, industry standards, and safety regulations
Engineering Management Resume Tips
To further your career goals, you need to create a resume that makes you stand out among other qualified candidates. This entails coming up with the right words to make your information interesting and significant.
An effective resume tells employers why hiring you would benefit them. Here are some ways our engineering management resume templates accomplish this task:
1. Personalize Your Engineering Resume: You need to convince employers your qualifications make you a uniquely good fit for their company. Use your own research and the job listing to learn what matters most to a specific employer, and tailor your resume accordingly.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your introduction should make hiring managers want to continue reading your submission. Pack this short section with impactful, attention-grabbing content.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Details help employers understand what you bring to the table. Facts such as the size of your team and specific accomplishments are more likely to impress employers than general descriptions of yourself as a team leader.
Engineering Management Resume Templates
Our engineering management resume templates represent the real-world career successes of many engineering professionals. They serve as accurate guides for formatting and writing your own document.
Using a professional resume builder is another way to get help. This tool ensures a resume where each section meets the highest standards.
- Engineering Management Example 1
Senior Planner – ( Sep 2011 – Sep 2015) M+W Group Singapore, Singapore, Singapore (Singapore) Provides roadmap for tasks and milestones that requires tracking and controlled as the project progressed. Hold periodic projec... more 2
- Engineering Management Example 2
Auto Center Manager (January 2009 – July 2012) Sears Auto Center, East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States Assisted customers and answered all their questions about our products. Assisted clients to find items, informed about pro... more 3
- Engineering Management Example 3
Technical Consultant – ( 2015 – Present) Jalinan Engineering Sdn Bhd, Gombak, Selangor (Malaysia) 1.Leading and directing construction team at MRT Cochrane tunnel, Escape Shaft and Station electrical works.Electrical En... more 4
- Engineering Management Example 4
MDM Engineer (August – September) Coda Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd., Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India The existing inventory system was converted to a structured o Format and Frame Templates with suitable characteristics for the items... more 5
- Engineering Management Example 5
Sr.Engineer, 1995 – 1999 Vijai Electricals Limited, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India Designed Different types of Transformers satisfying client’s expectations. Tested many transformers in 3rd party test labs as per the requir... more 6
- Engineering Management Example 6
2005 – 2014 / Albert Lea Select Foods, Albert Lea, Mn. Maintenance Mgr I managed the storeroom inventory and yearly budgets for parts, contract services and mechanics salary for a food processing company. Coordinate and schedule wor... more 7
- Engineering Management Example 7
Manager Product and Test Engineering (March 2016 – Present)ON Semiconductor, Mountaintop, PA, United States Manager of a small team of Product and Test Engineers. Specializing in Ignition IGBT modules, Ignition Gate Drivers, an... more 8
- Engineering Management Example 8
ww, ww, ww – ww ww, ww, ww Education ww+ Enter your occupation (and experience), it will suggest the best template. + Select key phrases, where resume writing experience is not required. + Easily save and export to PDF, or publish... more 9
- Engineering Management Example 9
Manager Technical Services, August 2014 – Present Open Systems Intenration, Medina, Minnesota, United States – Managed a team of engineers that provided 24/7 support to over 200 customers throughout the United States and inte... more 10
- Engineering Management Example 10
Electronics Technician and Sales – ( 1998 – 2002) Barthel TV and Electronics, Port Washington, WI (USA) Responsible for: Customer service in repairs and sales Troubleshooting and repair of consumer electronics Consumer elec... more