According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for industrial engineers will increase over the next 10 years. Even though there is a healthy job outlook, to get the best job offers with great pay and benefits, you need to have a competitive submission. You must showcase your skills and accomplishments in a way that sets you above the crowd.
A great way to get started is to study our industrial engineer resume template. It shows you what sections to include, how to format your document, and the kind of information hiring managers want to see.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Industrial Engineer Experience
When writing the work experience section of your resume, it's crucial to use words from the job description. For example, if the position mentions improving production procedures, you should have a bullet point describing how you improved labor utilization, and be sure to use action verbs. Make it easy for the hiring manager to match your experience with the job requirements. Take a look at our industrial engineer resume template for more responsibilities to include, such as:
• Develop production and distribution layouts and conduct capacity analysis for all distributions centers
• Use AutoCAD to create current and future state layout drawings
• Perform frequent and regular systematic productivity performance analysis and maintain the records in the company database
• Train operations teams on labor management and all associated systems with a focus on productivity
• Define and maintain best methods for all job functions, including work methods
Industrial Engineer Resume Tips
To get started on your submission, read our industrial engineer resume templates for great ideas. Take note of how the format catches your eye and draws attention to the most important details. Here are some additional tips to give your resume a little extra shine.
1. Personalize Your Industrial Engineer Resume: Every job is different, and your resumes should be, too. Never send the same document out to cover multiple positions. Find the keywords and phrases in the job description and include them in your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is your chance to introduce yourself. What is the most important message you can convey? Decide what image you want to project and fit it into four or five sentences. Use strong verbs and powerful adjectives.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Mention the times you succeeded in reducing costs or improving efficiency. Include innovations you made in the production line that moved the product faster. Give concrete examples of your achievements so hiring managers can imagine you doing the same work for them.
Industrial Engineer Resume Templates
We have industrial engineer resume templates written by professionals who are jobseekers like you. Read them for inspiration and great ideas on how to improve your own resume. If you need personalized help, try our resume builder. It provides industry-specific assistance to craft the resume you need to get the job.
- Industrial Engineer Example 1
Cost Accounting Analyst (2010 – 2013)Baker Hughes, Maracaibo, Zulia, Venezuela Review and analyse materialSAP Manufacturing Support ( Form Year 2001 – to Year 2010)Baker Hughes, Maracaibo, Zulia, Venezuela Planned, ... more 2
- Industrial Engineer Example 2
Honywell Automation India, Jammu , J & K May 2013 – December 2014 : Service Engineer Handling all clients of Honeywell in Jammu & Kashmir …. like airtel India , J & K data centre , Passport office. We are handl... more 3
- Industrial Engineer Example 3
Graphic Designer, February 2016 – August 2016 MZH Global Enterprise, Kajang, Selangor (Malaysia) Worked as a graphic designer for a jersey making company. Education Universiti Kuala Lumpur (IPROM), 2010 (Ampang, Kuala Lumpur R... more 4
- Industrial Engineer Example 4
Bobbin Boy (1848 – 1848)Local Textile Mill, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States I dipped bobbins into an oil bath and fired the factory boiler.Telegrapher Operator (1849 – 1851)O’Reilly Telegraph Company, P... more 5
- Industrial Engineer Example 5
2012 – Present / Own, CuliacÃ¡n, Sinaloa Project Manager Agricultural project. Improvement of farmlands to greenhouse and irrigation system. 2011 – 2012 / Sinaloa State Government, CuliacÃ¡n, Sinaloa Adviser Research on v... more 6
- Industrial Engineer Example 6
xuel artemio casas az Educación Colegio Reforma Fuentes, 1999-2005, ReynosaTamaulipas, Mexico Primaria, Certificado de primariaEscuela Secundaria Tecnica #60, 2005-2008, ReynosaTamaulipas, Mexico Secundaria, Certificado de Secunda... more 7
- Industrial Engineer Example 7
Design Engineer, 26/02/2011 – 26/08/2013 Larsen and Toubro, Vadodara, Gujarat, India Developed and tested laboratory studies of sequences in manufacture of new product in small scale operation.Operating Officer, 18/08/2006 ... more 8
- Industrial Engineer Example 8
Warehouse Manager (April, 2014 – May, 2016)Spacemaker of Atlanta, Alpharetta, GA, United States Inspected and logged incoming parts for custom cabinet orders. Placed reorder request for broken pieces and organized parts together... more 9
- Industrial Engineer Example 9
EducationBS – Industrial Engineering (NA) De La Salle University Dasmariñas – Dasmariñas // Cavite (Philippines) Studied Industrial engineering in De La Salle Dasmariñas and taking up higher Math until Differential calculus. Tech... more 10
- Industrial Engineer Example 10
Krisan Pilkington EducationNorth Johnston High School – 2015 Kenly, NC, United States STEM, High School Diploma Classes taken in high school included sciences, technology, mathematics, engineering english and electronics.East Carol... more