It can be hard to land a position as a bartender in a competitive job market. You need to stand out from other jobseekers so employers know they can trust you to do the job with expertise and professionalism. Your resume is the first chance you have to show a hiring manager you have the required skills and experience.
Our guide is the perfect resource for crafting an effective resume. Our writing advice and real-world bartender resume templates are full of tips and inspiration for your own document. Use them to take the first step toward a successful job hunt.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Bartender Experience
You know you have to include your relevant bartending experience on your resume, but did you know that how you describe it is just as important? Using powerful verbs and phrasing from the job ad, as shown in our bartender resume templates, can make all the difference. Find inspiration with these samples:
• Accept drink orders from customers and servers, and mix alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages, balancing restaurant standards with customer preferences
• Provide drink recommendations to customers and servers to accommodate preferences, allergies, and available inventory of ingredients and spirits
• Verify customers' ages by checking identification, and maintain strict policy of not serving alcohol to underage patrons
• Develop new specialty cocktails that utilize local ingredients and pair well with entrees from seasonal menus
• Maintain cleanliness of bar area, and oversee inventory of wines, spirits, liqueurs, mixers, and garnishes
Bartender Resume Tips
An effective document, like our bartender resume template, doesn't have to overflow with minute details of your career. Rather, it should be concise, showcasing your most impressive and relevant qualifications. Use our professional resume examples and these simple tips to optimize your final draft:
1. Personalize Your Bartender Resume: If your resume looks the same as all the other submissions, a hiring manager probably won't remember you. Tailor your skills to match the job requirements as closely as possible.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: The goal of your summary statement is to hook the reader and encourage him or her to continue reading. Draw attention to the top qualifications that make you right for the job.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Short stories of your career experiences can help a reader picture you bartending so he or she remembers your application when it comes times to schedule interviews. Include concise summaries of a few key bartending achievements.
Bartender Resume Templates
All of our bartender resume templates come from real-world professionals and adhere to high standards for readability and efficacy. Studying them gives you invaluable insight about formatting, content, and tone. Make the writing process even easier by accessing our resume builder.
- Bartender Example 1
xnda ri Objective To make advancements as a skilled bartender and server and provide patrons with excellent customer service; soon to be attending the Orlando Bartending Academy to become a certified mixologist. Areas of expertiseCustomer ... more 2
- Bartender Example 2
Fernando Sandoval Education and TrainingLynn Classical High School – 2010 Lynn, Massachusetts, U.S.A. High School Liberal Arts, High School Diploma High School DiplomaNorth Shore Community College – n/a Lynn, Massachusetts,... more 3
- Bartender Example 3
Shawna Gonzales Objective To work in a bar in which I can utilize my customer service skills, professional expertise and knowledge of beverages towards expanding the customer base of the restaurant/bar, apart from ensuring optimum satisfaction fo... more 4
- Bartender Example 4
Cook – ( 2002 – 2004) Meriwether’s, Lynchburg, VA (USA) Organized the food, meat, products, vegetables, fruits to show them attractive to customers. Designed food presentation. Cleaned the working area and equipment.... more 5
- Bartender Example 5
of working in a commission based sales environment. ï· Able to maintain high standards of display & visual merchandising to ensure the store is well presented. ï· Ready and able to work individually or within a team environme... more 6
- Bartender Example 6
Mrs.tnee ervin-lee Areas of expertise Quick,precise.Great knowledge of alcohol,friendly and approachable, Safe Serve Certified 10 years expierience years McCormick&Schmicks mcCormick&Schmicks, arlington, virginia (u.s) bartender/... more 7
- Bartender Example 7
Bartender, February 2014 – February 2016 E1 Bar, Oakland, California (USA) I provided exemplary beverage and food service as an E1 bartender. I prepared cocktails and specialty drinks, took and served food orders, and was able t... more 8
- Bartender Example 8
Bar Manager (August 2012 – Present) 545 N Bar & Grill, Libertyville, Illinois, USA Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received supplies and retail products. Prepared and served a... more 9
- Bartender Example 9
Bartender – ( august 2009 – December 2009) Tilted kilt, Birmingham, alabama (united states) Making drinks, taking food orders, using aloha system, counting money, cleaning bar Manager-Reggie MoneypennyBartender/ catere... more 10
- Bartender Example 10
Bartender – ( November 2011 – July 2015) Red Dog Saloon, Norfolk, Virginia (United States) I worked at a fast paced sports bar for four years. I started out as a server and made my way up to one of the top bartenders. Certa... more