Employment as a grocery worker requires the ability to organize, prioritize, and interact with customers in a friendly manner. A truly effective submission can convey your hardworking and professional demeanor in addition to detailing your skills and work history. Our selection of grocery resume templates includes documents uploaded by users working in the field, giving you real-world examples from which to learn. We also offer resources such as formatting and writing techniques to help you craft a resume that allows you to shine.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Grocery Experience
A resume is your introduction to a potential employer. As such, the way you deliver your information is just as important as the details you choose to include. Two great writing tips to achieve your desired effect are to include words from the job ad and to choose strong action words. You can find these tips illustrated in many of our grocery resume templates:
• Receive order shipment, organize and move incoming merchandise, unpack items and examine for quality, remove any damaged items
• Utilize software to automatically or manually record received shipments, notating any damaged goods, inaccuracies, or inconsistencies
• Mark shipments for delivery to appropriate department, communicate with department regarding pricing or signage accuracy
• Support other employees within store by working as cashier or bagger when necessary, maintain knowledge of store and corporate policy
• Provide excellent customer service, maintain knowledge of products and promotions, answer questions with a friendly demeanor
Grocery Resume Tips
These grocery resume templates are valuable resources to see helpful tips in action. In addition to their format and word choice examples, you can also find models of the following advice to create a strong and unique resume:
1. Personalize Your Grocery Resume: Make sure you tailor your submission with each new application, rather than using a cookie-cutter document. Include keywords from the ad to indicate that you understand what the employer is looking for in an applicant.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You have roughly six seconds to impress hiring managers, which is the average time they spend looking at each resume. You need to show your qualifications quickly, and the summary statement is a great place to do so.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: This is a classic opportunity to "show, not tell." Illustrate your abilities by detailing actual events from your work history, such as when you resolved a problem or went above and beyond to help a customer.
Grocery Resume Templates
Browse through our wide selection of grocery resume templates to find inspiration as you craft your own document. These samples come from users who have utilized them in the real world. If you want further help, My Perfect Resume offers a resume builder for your convenience.
- Grocery Example 1
Overnight stocker – ( August 2011 – 02/10/2014) Walmart, Bangor, Maine (United State’s) I stock shelves at walmart. I also unload delivery Trucks and assist customers.Nursery – ( 04/2011 – 08/2011) Su... more 2
- Grocery Example 2
Stocker – ( 05/2013 – 08/2013) Food Giant, Abbeville, Al (USA) Stock and face shelves Unload trucks Stack Pallets Assist Customers operate pallet jacks and L cartsOrder filler – ( 11/2013 – 02/2014) Walmart... more 3
- Grocery Example 3
Bagging/Cleaning – Publix Supermarkets – (9/17/2016/10/31/2016) Tallahassee, Florida, United States Dealt with customer payments. Informed and explained the menu to customers Organized the food, meat, products, vegetables, fr... more 4
- Grocery Example 4
Grocer (September 2016 – Present)Cash Saver, Newport, Arkansas, United States Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Organized the food, meat, products, vegetables, fruits to show them attractive t... more 5
- Grocery Example 5
xlie za Work historyGrocery Meat Clerk, 11/2004 – 10/2007 Food 4 Less, Riverside, CA, USA Started at an entry level position and advanced to the meat department. Daily responsibilities include; Customer service, ordering , packaging, i... more 6
- Grocery Example 6
stacking – Kings Harvest 2015 – 2016 // Vero Beach (United States) Cleaned the working area and equipment. Organized the food, meat, products, vegetables, fruits to show them attractive to customers.EducationStill in... more 7
- Grocery Example 7
May 2006 – Current / Sweetbay Supermarket, Lakeland, FL Center Store Lead Ensure crew moral, assist management with schedule and training, ensure productivity goals, shelf management. 1997 – March 2006 / Kash N Karry, Lakelan... more 8
- Grocery Example 8
Dish Washer / Prep Cook (Spring 2010 – Fall 2010)Tammy Jeans Diner, Devon, Alberta, Canada Prepared drinks and food ingredients. Organized the meat, produce, and fruits frequently in the cooler Mopped floors after every shift Ke... more 9
- Grocery Example 9
Quashawn smith Education and Trainingfinch henry – 2013 batesville, ms, United States GED, high school equivalent diploma I got my GED in march 2013Work historystocker – ( 10/2015 – 12/2015) target, montgomery, Al... more 10
- Grocery Example 10
Apron, November 2008 – Present Publix Supermarkets, Atlanta, Georgia, USA Dealt with customer payments Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received supplies and retail products. Prepared and served all kind of hot a... more