There is no denying that it is tricky to land any job, including in the security field. A huge part of the process is creating a resume that will stand out from the competition. In fact, many hiring managers use the resume exclusively when choosing a candidate. So what do you need to do to create the best resume possible?
We have put together a comprehensive writing guide and security guard and surveillance officer resume templates to help you get started. These tools will make it much easier to write a resume to catch the eye of employers.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Experience
Remember that your experience section is most likely the most important part of your resume. In addition to that, the format in this section is just as vital. Our security guard and surveillance officer resume templates demonstrate that using strong action verbs is a great way to strengthen this section.
• Review security tapes, identifying and making note of suspicious customers, and reporting captured cases of theft
• Stand guard in assigned locations, watching all customers closely for shoplifting or other suspicious behavior
• Remain aware of store entrance and exit points, ensuring they are completely clear at all times
• Create surveillance reports, which include details of suspicious customers, time stamps, pictures, and criminal activity
• Coordinate with supervisors and managers to cover all store hours with adequate security staff members
Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume Tips
Now that you have read our security guard and surveillance officer resume templates carefully, you may be wondering what the next step is to land a security position. Think of reading the example resumes as the first step in the process. After you have done that, continue on to these resume-writing steps:
1. Personalize Your Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume: Make your resume more personalized by reviewing the job description. Include similar skills and language as the job posting to appeal to the hiring manager specifically.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement opens your resume, which means it determines the first impression readers have of you. Take the time to polish this section, and think about what you want to communicate.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Using real examples from your previous working experiences adds credibility to your resume while giving you an excellent opportunity to emphasize certain qualities about yourself.
Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume Templates
Our library of security guard and surveillance officer resume templates is one of the best tools you can use to improve your resume. However, if you still feel like you need more help putting your resume together, consider using an automatic resume builder as well. This will let you focus on the content of your resume.
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 1
xhary xson Education and Training High School Diploma, Agriculture Grundy County High School, 2015, Coalmont, Tennessee (TN) (United States) High School by Highlightly” style=”border: none !important; display: inline-block !impo... more 2
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 2
int xman Areas of expertise Corrections , Security 22.5 years Az Dept of Corrections 1992 -1997 CO I – Sgt. (01/1992 – 12/1997) Az Dept of Corrections, Florence, Az, USA Patrolled the building periodically. Maintained reports ... more 3
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 3
Asahafik Chouddery Education and TrainingCity College of New York (CUNY) – 2016 New York, New York, USA Pre-law, Bachelor of Arts The Pre-Law curriculum features courses that sharpen critical and analytical thinking and decision-making... more 4
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 4
ey xren Work history Security Guard (05-09-2014 – Current)G4S, Roanoke, IN, US Security Officer G4S Secure Solutions As a security officer my daily duties are as follows. Monitor security cameras, perform routine patrols around... more 5
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 5
McDonald’s, Homestead, Fl April 2011 – January 2014 : Crew Trainer/ Cashier Accepted payment from customers and made change as necessary.Assisted co-workers.Cleaned and prepared various foods for cooking or servingCleaned up s... more 6
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 6
security Guard – ( 05/28/14 – 05/28/15) Homeland Patrol, Hialeah, Florida (United States) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as leaking water pipe... more 7
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 7
PART TIME PATROLMAN – ( 2002 – 2005) PICAYUNE POLICE DEPARTMENT, PICAYUNE, MS (USA) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Arrested and expelled people involved in irregular or criminal acts. Called po... more 8
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 8
Security Officer (June 16th, 2011 – Current) Securitas, Conshohoken, PA, USA Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as leaking water pipes, fire risk or secu... more 9
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 9
Security Officer, Oct 2012 – Dec 2012 ASG Security- Piedmont Mall, Danville, VA, US Patrolled mall regularly, assisting customers with questions and concerns. Maintained reports about property damages, criminal incidents for manag... more 10
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 10
Security guard – ( Nov. 10,1988 – Feb. 10,1990) Lamco iron ore minig company, Yekepa city, Yekepa, Nimba county (Liberia) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregular... more