As a school librarian, you know how to help students find the materials and resources they need to excel academically. Do you, however, know how to help yourself find a new job and excel professionally? To land a new role, you need to have an outstanding resume that communicates your talent for performing librarian duties quickly and skillfully.
Instead of blundering your way through the tricky process of writing a resume, find guidance in our professional writing tips. Then, review our collection of real-world school librarian resume templates to find stellar examples that can show you what to include and exclude in your text.
Free Library Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional library resumes.
How To Mention Your School Librarian Experience
Employers look at your work experience section to see if you are a good fit for an open position, so it is important to know what to include in this section. With the help of our extraordinary school librarian resume templates, you can craft descriptions, similar to the ones below, that utilize relevant terminology and impressive action words.
• Check in, check out, sort through, and shelve books and other library materials on a daily basis
• Help students use library databases and equipment to find needed materials and conduct research projects
• Find, order, receive, and process new acquisitions to ensure the school library maintains a full collection
• Plan, set up, and run library exhibits, informative courses, and other programs for the student body
• Use advancements in technology to update old or implement new cataloging systems, databases, records, and research resources
School Librarian Resume Tips
Do you want your resume to look as sharp and convincing as this sample? Allow our school librarian resume templates to show you how to craft and position each section of your document. Then, follow the three steps below to help ensure your text makes a striking first impression on employers.
1. Personalize Your School Librarian Resume: Tailor your content so it stresses the specific skill sets, duties, and areas of expertise that are most critical to the specific school librarian role to which you are applying.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Position this section at the top of your document and write it in first person, but be sure to exclude pronouns. Then, identify a couple of hard and soft skills, important achievements, and other top qualifications.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: To stand out as an ideal candidate, draw on specific past experiences. Write detailed examples that show how you helped students and maintained comprehensive and orderly libraries in previous jobs.
School Librarian Resume Templates
Why take on the challenge of crafting an excellent resume alone? Our school librarian resume templates come from real people who share your profession. Use them to understand how to write and structure your document. If you want comprehensive guidance as you create each individual section, use this convenient resume builder.
- School Librarian Example 1
Modesto Christian School, Modesto, CA Aide/Librarian/Childcare, October, 2005 – August, 2011 Assisted teachers in the classroom in a variety of ways. Worked with student groups who required extra help. Restructured library to be... more 2
- School Librarian Example 2
Sales Associate – Planet Tan (7/5/16/12/21/16) Euless, TX (United States) Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and planned sales campaigns to achieve the company objectives. Managed daily operations, ... more 3
- School Librarian Example 3
Librarian/Teacher’s Aide, 2005 – present St. Matthias School, Chicago, Illinois -overhauled a small elementary library to make it a vibrant, essential resource for students, teachers and parents. -responsible for ordering, pr... more 4
- School Librarian Example 4
Spikeav, Miami, FL January 2015 – Present : Stage Hand – Set Management – Moving and placing equipment on the stage – Lighting – Sound – Making sure that the speakers are plugged into mixers and power s... more 5
- School Librarian Example 5
Linda Hill Objective My purpose in acquiring my CPL is to receive credit for Libs. 303, Information Resources and Services, Libs 309 Information Literacy Leadership and Libs 325 Administration of Library Media Program. I will show through this po... more 6
- School Librarian Example 6
Lawrenceburg School Corporation, Lawrenceburg, Indiana (USA) Book repair, 01/18/2017 – current Examined and detected material to be repaired and replaced. Maintained library collections and served individuals and groups in obtaini... more 7
- School Librarian Example 7
Library Assistant (Nov, 2014 – Feb, 2015)(Internship – KISD), Keller, TX, USA Maintained inventories. Prepared and distributed information about activities, services and guidelines in the library. Arranged and supervised c... more 8
- School Librarian Example 8
sa de Additional informationChairperson of School Media Technology Advisory Committee (2010-2014) Member of School Improvement Team (2011 – 2014) Battle of the Books Team coach (2011 – 2014) Mountain Park Elementary After School ... more 9
- School Librarian Example 9
ian on Personal informationI’m a 19 year-old first-year student hoping to get in a little extra cash to help my parents out with their current financial situation. I love service and am more than willing to do anything that’s thr... more 10
- School Librarian Example 10
Server – ( 09/2012 – Present) Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, Shepherdstown, WV (USA) Log-in and count register. Stock bar. Serve and take customers orders. Answer phone. Assist with wedding tastings. Set up reservatio... more